Wireless Adapter Microsoft MN-520 and CE 4.2.1
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

coinco

5 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2003 :  14:46:24  Show Profile  Email Poster
The problem is a peer-to-peer wireless connectin is made correctly but, can not ping each other. This is running on the BitsyX CE 4.2.1
What could be missing or not setup correctly.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2003 :  15:08:11  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi! Did you download and install drivers written for CE.NET 4.2 or are you using the ones included in the build?

On the Microsoft page I looked at, it doesn't seem that Microsoft supports this card for use with CE.
Go to Top of Page

coinco

5 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2003 :  15:26:27  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi, We build the islp2nds.dll with platform builder for ce 4.2. and install that driver when the card is placed in the pcmcia slot. Is there something else missing or is there a entry in the registry missing.
Go to Top of Page

coinco

5 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2003 :  15:43:47  Show Profile  Email Poster

The following link provides info about ce release 4.2 and wireless features.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wcemain4/html/cmconwirelessfeaturesinwindowscenet.asp
Go to Top of Page

evitengineer

2 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  04:33:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi, im working on a Graphics Master running CE 4.20. My current needs are very simply Wi-Fi for IE and Remote Desktop. I recently installed 4.20 over 4.1 because of the newly added MN-520 support. However, when I insert the card, i see a popup window: Unidentified PCCard Adapter -- Enter the name of the driver.

Also, I'm not sure if "ACU" or "WIRELESS" are designated for CISCO adapters only, but ACU reports "ACU needs driver 2.30.xx, where i have 0.00.00." WIRELESS reports "no cisco adapter found."

Also, the CE BUILD DOWNLOAD PAGE states my unit needs 1.80 ROM VERSION. Is this the reason for my difficulties? And, since I'm a bit behind on my homework, whats the procedure for updating the ROM? Or where can I look? Thanks

ADS Graphics Master Rom Ver. 1.72 (DRAM : 32 MB)
(Build at 13:09:16 on Jun 25 2001)

Go to Top of Page

evitengineer

2 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2004 :  14:53:43  Show Profile  Email Poster
Well, actually rereading what everybody's saying. MN-520 is not supported by CE 4.2, I guess. NM! thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000