Boot Time Question [CE.NET time zone, RTC]
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2003 :  13:16:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am seeing a time of 6/1/1999 at 12:00 PM when the GM is powered down and reset. I was wondering under what circumstances this occurs. I have had the unit for several months and it always was just a timezone behind.

thanks,
Tom.

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2003 :  14:06:50  Show Profile  Email Poster
The time was being set by activesync. Since we don't have a battery, the clock gets reset.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2003 :  14:10:29  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the update. Do I recally correctly that you plan to move to the AGX? That product includes a battery-backed real-time clock that will preserve the time and date through resets and power-cycling.
Go to Top of Page

wtang

17 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2003 :  12:04:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
We found out that although AGX has a battery backup. The timezone is always set up to "Pacific Time (-8)". Also we found out that .NET application some time couldn't change the timezone correctly.
Do you notice this problem, or could you provide some application examples since may be we did something wrong.
BTW, the AGX system we have has the Desktop UI turned off. (LauchCEShell=0)

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2003 :  14:55:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
#TimeZone_managed_code

It is a bug that if you modify the TimeZone by P/Invoking SetTimezoneInformation, DateTime.Now() will no longer return the correct time. See this Microsoft Article for more information.

The Timezone can be persisted by saving your device registry, but keep in mind that if you only change the Timezone Bias by calling SetTimezoneInformation, the system Timezone itself will not be changed, and will not persist. You must modify the registry entries for the Timezone itself.
Go to Top of Page

mattlevy

11 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2004 :  13:29:28  Show Profile  Email Poster
So is it implied by the above dialog that I cannot preserve the Default Time Zone in the registry. I would like to change the default Time Zone to GMT if at all possible on a BitsyX. I have tried manually setting this as well as adding a script line to ADSLOAD.REG and have had no such luck.

Thanks,

Matt
Go to Top of Page

kurtwl

28 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2004 :  06:30:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
Matt,
If you set the time zone in adsload.reg then in the adscopy.inf add
'\windows\restart.exe' -e the timezone updates correctly.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000