Using DirectDraw on ADS Systems
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2003 :  16:19:23  Show Profile  Email Poster
Q: Can I use DirectDraw on my ADS System?

Most ADS systems have images available that support the DirectDraw APIs. Check to see if your device has ddraw.dll in the \Windows folder to determine if yours does.

Q: Can you provide any pointers on using DirectDraw?

Platform Builder comes with some basic DirectDraw samples that we've compiled and successfully tested on our devices.

There is a good section on using DirectDraw on the MSDN Site plus PureMeta have a easy to understand DirectDraw Programming online tutorial.

For more in-depth coverage, pick up Directdraw Programming by Bret Timmins.

Edited by akidder 12-dec-2006: Remove link to DirectDraw samples, which we will not maintain. Use samples code from Platform Builder if needed.

tstehouwer

1 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2004 :  00:02:27  Show Profile  Email Poster
My BitsyX image does not include ddraw.dll.

Could you please provide a link to the appropriate ddraw.dll?
Go to Top of Page

SGV3000

4 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2009 :  17:11:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Our VGX build includes the ddraw.dll. When I run the ddex1 sample directdraw app the function DirectDrawCreate fails with an error code - DDERR_NODIRECTDRAWSUPPORT "No DirectDraw support possible with current display driver".
I built the project in eVC 4.0 without modifications to the source using the SDKs ddraw.lib and dxguid.lib.
Is DirectDraw available on the VGX?
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2009 :  17:46:14  Show Profile  Email Poster
For VGX, there are two drivers. One supports display rotation (and works around some of the bugs in the SM501 hardware). The other works with DirectDraw.

Take a look at topic 2165 for details to see if that might be the issue on your system.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000