pocket access database
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mhuman1

36 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  11:31:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
Most of my database requirements are small. If not using property databases, it is my understanding that the two choices are either pocket access or sql ce.

I would like to use pocket access which I understand comes with each CE build. Using VB.net, do I use ADO to connect to the database? Does the database have to exist on my PC?

Also, is there a way to make Pocket Access show up as an Icon on the GCP so that I can manually enter data into tables??

I really dont't know if these are the correct questions. In general, I am trying to use pocket access on the GCP and also a Pocket PC 2003.
Any pointers to the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Keith Stallings

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2003 :  11:40:25  Show Profile  Email Poster
Pocket Access is just a database provider (the CEDB provider to be specific). Microsoft did not provide any UI for it in CE or on the Pocket PC, so you'll either need to write your own or find a third party one. I think there are some shareware/freeware versions availble on Handango though I've never used one, so I can't vouch for usability of any.

Unfortunately Microsoft did not provide a connection or adapter class in the .NETcf for using CEDB or ADOCE. There are some good (and inexpensive) third-party solutions available, like the one from InTheHand.

SQL Server CE 2.0 does have a full set of connection and adapter classes in the CF.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000