CF Bus control lines on J9
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

t0671dl

27 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2004 :  18:37:32  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am running BitsyX Windows CE Ver.(4.10.32) on PXA255. I have taken CFBus Driver Rev4 and implemented the ReadPCMCIA sample application using the SDK 4.1.

I was able to probe the J9 pins /IRQ,/MEMWR,/MEMRD, /CE2 and D8 ( HiByte LSbit ) with a scope. Using the the following code derived from the sample:

ULONG ReadWriteTestThread(void *arg)
{
int i;
int ret;
BOOL failed = FALSE;
BOOL fastmode = TRUE;

// turn on slot
BusPower(CF, BITSY_5V);

outbuffer[0] = 0xff00;
outbuffer[1] = 0x00ff;
// Map our base address for SLOT1 Memory space
pMem = MapAddress(SLOT1_MEM_ADDR);

while(true)
{
// SetFASTMode(PCMCIA, fastmode);
// RETAILMSG(1, (_T("FAST = %d:\r\n"), fastmode));

BusReset(CF, 1000);

for(BYTE timing = 31 ; timing >= 0 ; timing--)
{
// set speed
SetMemorySpeed(CF, timing);

Sleep(100);

// RETAILMSG(1, (TEXT("Writing...\r\n")));

start = GetTickCount();

for(int p = 0 ; p < ITERATIONS ; p++)
{
RETAILMSG(1, (TEXT("Writing...%d\r"), p ));
// write data - buffer is in bytes, hence the /2
WriteData16(pMem, 0, (USHORT *)outbuffer, 1);
WriteData16(pMem, 0, (USHORT *)&outbuffer[1], 1);

// read it back - buffer is in bytes, hence the /2
ReadData16(pMem, 0, (USHORT *)inbuffer, 1);
}
}
}
}

In the ADSLOAD.HWT file I tried setting the number of PCMCIA slots to 1 as well as used the default value of 2:

0xA1E30014 0x0000001 ; Number of PCMCIA Sockets

Is there an additional entry needed in the ADSLOAD.REG to turn off the CF slot to make sure WinCE driver are not interfering with the ReadPCNCIA application.

I dont not see the J9 pins /IRQ,/MEMWR,/MEMRD, /CE2 asserted during the write or read function. The pullup values /IRQ,/MEMWR,/MEMRD, /CE2 all show 5 Volts.
Why are the J9 Lines associated with CF read and wrtie not being asserted?

During the BOOT process ( Boot Version 1.06 ) the boot loader recognizes a complact flash card and any boot loader files. Monitoring the J9 Bus showed all the appropriate lines active during the CF card read process of the boot loader.

Edited by - t0671dl on 22 Jan 2004 18:42:47

t0671dl

27 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  15:37:54  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have continued working on this and gotten my own application to read and write to both the Slot1 memory and attribute space. Using an ADS CF personality board and monitoring the J9 pin out for the CF bus, I was able to execise the /MEMWR,/MEMRD, /CE2 and /REG when we had a CF card in the slot and /CD2 was left to float ( 5V ). Next I was able to exercise all the CF Bus lines with no CF card in the CF Slot by tying CD1,2 to ground.

Unfortunately in this state the PCMCIA card slot does not appear to work when I attempted to reflash from a PCMCIA card( ADSLOAD.HWT and ADSLOAD.REG for testing purposes ) in the PCMCIA slot.

We have added some pullups on IRQ J9:27 and Wait J9:17 to have our board more closely conform to the ADS CF Companion board schematic. Testing continues...

Edited by - t0671dl on 23 Jan 2004 16:11:53
Go to Top of Page

t0671dl

27 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  10:05:10  Show Profile  Email Poster
Got things working. More testing still needs to be done. Timing issues and interface logic are completed and I will proceed to test our interface board firmware.

We still have an issue during Booting with the boot loader detecting but not accessing a PCMCIA ATA flash card in slot 0 when CD1,2 are held low ( not surprising ). We need to fix this. Most likely with a change to the boot loader.

Go to Top of Page

t0671dl

27 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  09:19:14  Show Profile  Email Poster
Using our interface board we are able to reflash with CD1,2 on J9:2,49 held low using an PCMCIA ATA Flash Card in the PCMCIA slot.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000