GPIO 1 (GC Plus)
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ggitsme

3 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2004 :  16:23:34  Show Profile
We are using a GC+ attached on an external board. The GPIO24 - 27 are used to enable/disable peripheral. They are used from WinCe using a WriteFile with GPI1: to GPI4:. When writing to these port and the value read back everything is ok.

However, we are also using the GPIO1 as an input with ReadFile with GPI5: . But everytime the sofware is reading the GPIO1 port, the value of GPIO26 and GPIO27 are changed to 1 (when verified with ReadFile).

There is an handle for each of these port and they are not closed.
Is it normal? What can cause that?

Thanks
Serge Roussel

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2004 :  13:35:56  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the heads up on this, Serge. We're going to take a look at it.

Can you let us know what GC Plus build of CE you're using?
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2004 :  16:05:42  Show Profile  Email Poster
Serge, we put together an MFC sample application to test what you described, and didn't see what you observed. We used GC Plus build 4.10.17, so it could be a problem from an earlier build.

GPIO.EXE and source: ZIP 100kB

Press the "Walk" button to cycle logical 1's across the four GPIOs. Toggle the RqOnOff input and view the reading in the Input column. One small item you might note is that this app shows GPIO 1 and 4 show as being on simultaneously, though I don't think the hardware actually sets this value.

Can you try running this application? Let us know what you find!

p.s. I've moved your post to the "CE Drivers" forum from the "ADSmartIO, Digital I/O and A/Ds, General Hardware" forum, since this is a CE issue.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000