Clearing Persistent Registry on BitsyX
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

HBPayne

45 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2004 :  12:24:05  Show Profile  Email Poster
I’ve been looking at persistent registry using RegFlushKey(). Currently, I see it very useful for development purposes; however, in the future, it could become useful for our production software.

I’m assuming that currently for BitsyX, the only way to clear persistent registry is to reload the OS image or use the bootloader menu.

I have two requests:

- a procedure (or addresses) to clear persistent registry from the bootloader menu.

- code example to clear persistent registry.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2004 :  12:34:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
Harold,

The persistent registry typically resides in the area of flash after all of the ADSLOAD.xxx files and before the CE image. It's size is 512k, but the base address can be different based on the device.

To erase it you must open the flash and do block erases, which is not trivial. Your system should have either a ADS Pesistent Registry manager in the Control Panel or EraseRegBackup.exe in the \Windows folder of the device for erasing it.
Go to Top of Page

HBPayne

45 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2004 :  13:14:27  Show Profile  Email Poster
Chris,

This is good. The image we are using has EraseRegBackup.exe which we can easily call from our apps. The only drawback is that it has a confirm dialog but is ok for now.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000