Cannot reflash AGX board
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Consultpinnacle

29 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  09:15:18  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am trying to reflash a board that has been running various images over the last few months. I flip dip switch 1 and insert a PC card with the adsload files and nk.bin. Upon the following boot, the red and green led lights for one second and then go out. The orange is lit for one second, then the red and green leds are light.

It is as if the machine is failing to read the PC Card/Compact flash. I can install this card in my laptop (I have tried other PC cards as well) and have no issue. I get no debug output.

I have tried another board and experience the same issue...

Any suggestions?

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2004 :  11:32:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for your note. Is there a chance that you formatted your CF card on an Windows XP machine? We've seen some issues with the way Microsoft is now formatting CF cards that can cause problems with the bootloader. Some details about this are listed at topic 1163.

Your best bet is to use a freshly purchased card with the bootloader. These cards use a standard format that industry standard devices can recognize.

If you continue to have difficulties when using a fresh card, email us the debug output from your AGX system beginning with the boot.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000