USB Drives With BitsyX
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

roger

9 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  17:59:06  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am running CE 4.10 on a bitsy-X, I Purchased an of the shelf 20gig usb drive that did not have drivers for Windows-CE, but the drive works like a hot-swap, it has never failed to show up and work after many power-ups and Downs. is there a reasonable explanation for this drive working, I need stability for production purposes. What is the morm for CE and USB?

Thanks

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  18:23:48  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks, Roger. USB storage is a mixed bag under CE 4.2. Our experience is that 60-80% of the USB drives show up as mass storage devices sucessfully under CE. However, some take a long time to enumerate and others never show up at all. The same drives work fine under Linux.

Apparently there are some known issues with the Microsoft drivers that will be fixed in upcoming releases of CE.

If use of this device is important for your application deployment, contact us and we'd be glad to take a look at your device here at ADS. We'll be glad to work with you to get this working.

-Drew

p.s. I've moved your post to the CE forums from the "Cables and Connectors" hardware forum, since this post has to do with CE drivers.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000