GCP-power not being supplied to backlight inverter
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

cmtk0101

20 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2004 :  10:32:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am having a problem with supplying power to the backlight inverter. I am using the same board that prevously worked fine with the same LCD panel. I am also using the same reg/hwt files that I've been using for all my other units with the same LCD panel. I have verified that the cables are perfect!! I have double checked the jumper setting on the board as well.

WHAT CAN I DO??? A couple of things that I've noticed happening:

1) When the unit powers on the backlight flicker on for a millisecond a couple of times. This normally happens during boot up before the backlight fully comes up.

2) When I hit the reset button I am able to see the touch calibration screen for a second. This is very interesting! Clealy, the unit boots fine and there is no problem with the panel. Even though I see the touch calibration screen for a quick second when I hit the reset button, if I continue to hold down the reset button the backlight continues to be lit.

What do I need to change that the reset button is bypassing in order to supply power to the backlight?

I am all out of ideas...please help.

Thank you.

Jarret

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2004 :  17:36:46  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks Jarrett. As we have discussed in previous phone and email conversations, this is probably a hardware problem, since your software hasn't changed.

You'll need to probe the backlight power signals to determine what is going on.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000