Disable Sleep
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Robert Bowen

9 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2004 :  07:31:41  Show Profile  Email Poster
My original GMaster came with CE 3.2. Some setting (?) disabled the Sleep/Hibernate. Which was fine. I then upgraded to CE 3.36 and my GMaster now enters hibernate mode after "xx" minutes of inactivity. I'd like to completely disable this. How do I do this? Please see previous post for a copy of my current REG file.

At first I didn't think this would be a problem, because my GMaster is continually sending data out the Ethernet port which I assumed would reset any inactivity timeout, but this is not the case.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(Going back to 3.2 would be fine, however, I cannot find the 3.2 image build on-line.)

-Robert

Robert Bowen

9 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2004 :  10:11:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
Ok, After further testing, I have found that the Hibernate/Sleep appears to be kernel dependent. If I install CE ver 3.19, my GMaster never goes into Hibernate. If I install 3.36 / 3.38 it does.

Now I need to figure how to disable this in the later kernel versions.

Thanks in advance,

Robert
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2004 :  11:07:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
Are you certain that the device is going to sleep and it's not just the backlight turning off? If it's just the backlight, you can modify the behavior by changing the registry keys outlined in Topic 1011. If the device is in fact going fully to sleep, then the registry keys to affect the behavior are described in Topic 717.
Go to Top of Page

Robert Bowen

9 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2004 :  13:49:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thank you for the feedback. Here is copy of my REG file...

;---------------------------------------------------------------------
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power]
"BattPowerOff"=dword:0
"ExtPowerOff"=dword:0
"WakeupPowerOff"=dword:0

0 indicates that I have it disabled. I believe the system is in Hibernate mode. Here is what I have noticed with my application. With CE kernel 3.36 and 3.38, after about 10 hrs of my application running, I get a LOW PROGRAM MEMORY message on my GMaster. I run the same application under CE 3.2 and 3.19 and I never recieve this message.
This is what led me to believe it was because my GMaster went into Hibernate.

About my application:
I have 7 COM ports on my GMaster. I have a serial device connected to each port, Fluke meter, dial indicator, etc. I have a COM read/Write () Thread for each COM port. My application reads each COM port and sends the reading out the Ethernet port.

When I first upgraded my CE kernel and noticed the GMaster going to Sleep after about 10 mintues, I was concerned. Because I assusmed that continually sending data out the Ethernet port was considered activity. So I was confused why the GMaster went to sleep. This is when I decided to let my application run for several hours with the GMaster in sleep mode. This is when I noticed after about 10+ hrs. that I was not recieving any data from the GMaster's ethernet port. I then noticed an error message on the GMaster indicating that I had LOW Memory. The screen was slow to respond and rebooting the GMaster was the only way to correct this.

I then decided to go back to an older CE kernel CE 3.19. I have been able to run my application for 46 hrs straight and all is well. I then went back to CE 3.36 and then again 3.38. Both kernels produced the same LOW memory behavior. This is what brought me to the conclusion that the GMaster is going into Hibernate mode.

I'd be happy to send you my application code...

Looking forward to your comments.

-Robert
Go to Top of Page

Robert Bowen

9 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2004 :  08:04:06  Show Profile  Email Poster
Ok, After further investigation I believe my problem is not having enough Program Memory. Thanks for the help.

-Robert
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000