Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2005 :  23:46:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hello

I copied the following cab files which are (as far as I can tell), all my application needs onto the device FLash card:
sql.wce4.armv4t.cab
sqlce.dev.wce4.armv4t.cab
sqlce.wce4.armv4t.cab
system_sr_enu.cab

I double-tap and (re)-install the files w/o errors in their default directories.

I build the CAB file for my application in the IDE:
TimeClock_WCE4.ARMV4T.CAB & .DAT

I bring it over and double tap it and it installs. I can install it in "Program Files" or on the storage card but it does not run. It just show the hourglass for a moment and stops.

I just need to know what I am missing. I have the debug port hooked up and nothing comes out of that. If I deploy (but I cant debug) from the IDE, the image will run when I doubletap it.

How can I figure this out?

thanks,
Tom

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2005 :  08:34:58  Show Profile  Email Poster
Does your app ever get entered (use a MessageBox.Show call in Main)? Will the app run without installing the framework CABs (all of our builds have the framework in ROM)? What is the available storage memory on the device at the time of CAB extraction? I've seen the installs appear to go fine, but not enough space available for the entire CAB to be installed and it gave the same symptom.
Go to Top of Page

ppsystems

14 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2005 :  09:29:57  Show Profile  Email Poster
See our message of 6/14/2004 topic id=1517. Since then what I have found for our app is that the ADS persistent registry needs to be erased before the app can run. Since installing any CAB sets persistent registry, this needs to be erased after all your installs are finished.
Go to Top of Page

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2005 :  16:43:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
Yeah, thanks, I read that thread and that is exactly what I am seeing. I'm not sure I grok which (if not all) of the "persistent registry" entries need to be erased.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000