Using Cisco Aironet card with Graphics Client Plus
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

KnowledgeBase

296 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2002 :  16:32:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
I having difficulty using a Cisco Aironet 802.11 card with my Graphics Client Plus. The drivers install fine, but the system doesn't recognize(detect) the card. What do I need to do?

To use the Aironet card on the GC Plus do the following:

1. Disconnect the 12V supply line from the power connector at J5.

2. Disconnect the backlight power supply lines from J13.

3. Run the 12V power directly to the backlight power supply lines.

Note: Beginning April 2002, we no longer populate the 12V transistor(Q7) on standard GC Plus systems . It can be replaced for systems that require it.

------------------
ADS Knowledge Base

Edited 23-Jan-2003 by akidder: Update note to confirm that Q7 is no longer populated on GC Plus boards.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2002 :  20:22:39  Show Profile  Email Poster
Applicability to Other Products

Graphics Master: Yes. Same solution.

Bitsy: No. Bitsy does not connect 12V to the PCMCIA socket so no changes needed.

-----------------------
Drew Kidder
ADS Technology Transfer
Go to Top of Page

JSpano

6 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2002 :  11:34:37  Show Profile  Email Poster
Has anyone had any luck with a Aironet 352 card? I have one GC+ board that I can get to recognize and ask for an IP address. I have two other GC+'s with the same firmware that asks for the driver for the card (unrecognized). The GC+ that works, allways works, even if I totally erase the flash and re-flash the ADS build of the wireless kernal back in. I've removed the +12 from the PCMCIA port by removing the Q7 transistor, but I have no luck what so ever on 2 of the 3 tested boards. I've also wired up one board so that the inverter for the backlight is powered independent of the GC+, with the wireless card still not being recognized. It's a real mystery, because each board seems to be identical on both the hardware and software end, but there must be some small difference that I'm not catching. Seeing that the Aironet 340 card is EOL, I was hoping someone already struggled though this and has a solution to my "gotcha".

Thanks for your time

Jason R. Spano
jspano@grayhill.com
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000