MSFlexGrid ActiveX control not created
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ronylambert30

2 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  14:18:40  Show Profile  Email Poster
I was wondering if anyone had had issues using ActiveX controls in on ADS BITSYX Windows CE.Net platforms. I am porting a Visual Studio 6.0 MFC GUI application for the desktop to Windows CE.Net. One of the controls is a MSFlexGrid ActiveX control. A CWnd-derived wrapper class calls Create which then uses CreateControl() to create the MSFlexGrid control. Upon running the application, I get a crash while the ActiveX control is being created thru CreateControl(). The desktop application runs fine, while the Windows CE app. fails to create the ActiveX control. I tested one of the sample examples provided in Embedded Visual C++ 4.0 documentation, which also crashes on creating the ActiveX control thru CreateControl(). The error message says that the registry key was not created.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

opsens_claude_belleville

34 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  14:25:31  Show Profile
I planned to use ComponentOne Studio® for Mobile Devices
www.componentone.com

They have grid, charting, and zip component for CF

Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  14:38:23  Show Profile  Email Poster
Desktop controls (like the MSFlexGrid) will not work under CE for a few reasons:
  1. CE and XP/NT have different API sets. The control likely uses APIs that don't exist in CE
  2. ADS devices use a completely different processor architecture (ARM) than desktop machines (x86)

There are vendors such as ComponentOne and Resco that have a fairly large offering of commercial controls.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000