VGX: 4.20.35 Ethernet issues
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

85 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2005 :  14:57:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi,

The first issue is that your release notes indicate build 4.20.32, but I find it tagged as 4.20.35. Are there more release notes for 35 over 32 or is it just a viable candidate that replaced 32?

I'm porting our apps from the 4.20.22 image to 4.20.35 and the first thing I notice is that the ethernet rj45 activity light is on solid like the link light, regardless of network speed, DHCP vs static IP. Is this a bug, does it indicate a problem, or am I doing something wrong? I changed references from SMC90001 to LAN90001, per your release notes.

I am able to ping out from the device, but can't get a connection in. Are the firewall settings different? I'm using the same firewall settings that worked in with the other release.

And, finally, when my app runs, the system seems to become sluggish, as though a thread is maxed out or stuck in system calls. I'm hopeful that getting network connectivity issues sorted out will fix this, but we rely on our own USB driver -- any changes in the USB subsystem?

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2005 :  18:44:15  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for pointing out that we were missing the details about 4.20.35. We've updated the revision history with the changes (topic 1512). 4.20.35 is the next released build after .32. The changes shown are the differences between the two releases.

I'm not aware of the issues you're experiencing, but we'll look into them. Thanks for the information.
Go to Top of Page

85 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2005 :  14:24:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
Update:
Not sure that anything changed, but today I can get to it via ftp, telnet, etc.

Activity light still stuck "on" on RJ45.

Still having odd hangs, and issues with our dll...
Go to Top of Page

85 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2005 :  18:35:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
Ok, recompiled dlls with debug printfs and everything works just fine.
Started from scratch again: reflashed the unit with new OS 4.20.35), deleted hive files, etc in flash. Reconfigured as we would in the factory. Came up fine; gave it an IP address; restart.exe. The unit comes up with all three LEDs on, nothing out the debug port; reset button does nothing. I'm filling out an RMA for this board; hoping it's a hardeware fluke and not a problem with the fancy new flash drivers...
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2005 :  21:35:53  Show Profile  Email Poster
This does sound like a hardware issue. I just did a quick verification with a VGX on my desktop running 4.20.35 Pro Hive, upgraded from a really early 4.20 RAM build and the ethernet worked fine - I simply streamed media from a remote server to Media Player on the device. We'll take a look at remote-initiated communication like FTP.
Go to Top of Page

85 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2005 :  23:21:18  Show Profile  Email Poster
After filling out the RMA request, but before sending it, I powered it upon one last time to make sure y'all would be able to reproduce it; sure enough it boot up. Still acting odd, though (stalls/hangs after 30 seconds or so, etc. as above). I'm going to try another board in the morning to see if it follows the hardware or the software...
Go to Top of Page

85 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  13:04:18  Show Profile  Email Poster
Ok, the other board behave exactly the same, activity light always on, hangs after 20 seconds, etc as above; now, I even have it in the "all-LEDs-On" unresponsive to power-cycle state now. This is some sort of bad O.S. Driver / Application interaction...
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  13:14:28  Show Profile  Email Poster
What revision board is it? Have any ECNs been applied? What are the serial numbers (we can answer those questions with that knowledge). Do you have any other devices attached (USB, etc)?

The board I'm testing with (old Rev 2 with all ECNs) has been up and running for at least 4 hours now and the browser still works and I can FTP into it from my desktop (though both LEDs on the Ethernet jack are contantly on).
Go to Top of Page

85 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  14:20:30  Show Profile  Email Poster
One is Serial # 6113-0016; the other is 6113-004.
The board that was just hung (04), stayed hung until I unplugged the USB connectors. Then it came back...

We're connecting it to an upstream USB controller and 4 of our boards downstream on USB. If I unplug our devices, things seem to come up correctly (though not very useful); I can telnet / ftp in; no hangs. Also have the development kit Display/touchscreen hooked up for debug purposes.

Any changes in the USB area since 4.20.22?

Though, it's odd that I was able to get #16 to work fine with the devices yesterday after enough fiddling...
Go to Top of Page

85 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  16:25:53  Show Profile  Email Poster
BTW, I was using 4.20.35 CORE, not PRO. I reflashed with 4.20.32 PRO, and things seem to work, so far. I'll try flashing the other board with v32 PRO and see if it's happy, too. Also, I suppose I could try v35 PRO...
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000