Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Combox

0 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2006 :  06:14:43  Show Profile
Hello.
I’m working whit a VGX board and now I have a problem. Actually on board there is a Linux OS and I want to install a Windows CE 4.2 version. I downloaded version 4.20.43 from the forum (700116-21125_VGX64_CE_4.20.43_Pro_Hive_20MiB.zip file) and the 1.13 version of VGX Windows CE Boot Code. The problem is that I don’t know how to put this on VGX board.
In the topic 666 I found instructions to trying out Windows CE on a Bitsy Linux Development System, but I don’t know if the procedure is equal for VGX board.

Can I use this procedure for a VGX board?

Does files in build zip file and in boot zip file sufficient to install a windows CE version?

It’s necessary to use also other system files like ADSLOAD.REG, ADSLOAD.HWT, etc.? Where I can find these?

Thanks very much for help,
Combox

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2006 :  19:15:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
The procedure to change the VGX from Linux to CE is fairly straightforward. You'll follow the directions to reprogram the Linux boot ROM, but using the CE boot code. Then load the CE files.

You are correct that you'll need the reg and hwt files for the VGX, and that they're not posted right now (topic 1512).

We're in the process of a web server switchover right now, so it's not a good time to post any updates. Could you email us? We can then send the files to you directly.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000