Cisco ACU crash
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ccoats

18 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2006 :  13:03:47  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have a VGX_PRO_HIVE OS 4.20.43. The Cisco ACU does not seem to work properly as it did in the 4.20.14. If I click on it and try to make any changes to the default profile (or add any other profile), I get these errors out of the debug port when trying to save (press the OK button):

Undefined Instruction: Thread=8197b720 Proc=814ea378 'ACU.exe'
AKY=00002001 PC=00013b68 RA=03628c3c BVA=0a0b76a4 FSR=000000f5

After I press the 'OK' button a few times, the GUI displays the error:

---
Application ACU.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.
Program: ACU.exe
Exception: 0xC000001D
Address: 00013B68
---

Any ideas?

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2006 :  14:18:27  Show Profile  Email Poster
Yeah, about that. The short story is that Cisco modified MFC to support their ACU.EXE. We chose to stick with the MFC release from Microsoft rather than to include Cicso's because we'd seen that some applications were affected by the DLL changes.

Your options? You can re-install the Aironet driver, or you install the MFCCE400.DLL yourself at boot (e.g. with ADSCopy). Either way should allow you to create new configurations, enter WEP keys and make other changes to the driver settings with ACU.EXE. You can extract their version of MFCCE400.DLL from the Cisco installation CAB files.

Let us know how we can help.

You can read more about what Bruce went through last year to figure this issue out at
this 10-Aug-2005 archive
of the Windows CE Platform Builder forum.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000