Using this forum....
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

phetherington

0 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  10:28:15  Show Profile
Im new to this forum and can not figure out how to subscribe to particular topics. At the bottom of emails from the forum it says:

"To subscribe or unsubscribe to any topic in the forums, click the Subscription icon (envelope with pen)"

Where is this icon?
Are you automatically subscribed to your own posts?
How to query for a list of topics that one is subscribed to? (The My Subscriptions button doesn't seem to work.)

Thanks in advance.

Paul Hetherington

Edited by - phetherington on 25 Oct 2006 07:48:28

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  17:26:42  Show Profile  Email Poster
The subscription icon is in the black bar at the top of each forum post or forum. We typically subscribe to the whole board (go to the main forums page; it's in the upper right corner).

If you want a notification when your posts are responded to, click on the subscription icon for those posts.

You can review all your current subcriptions by clicking the My Subscriptions link in the upper right corner of this page.
Go to Top of Page

phetherington

0 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  17:56:34  Show Profile
So there are boards, forums and topics. If you subscribe to, and then unsubscribe to the board, then all forum and topic subscriptions go away! And if you're not subscribed to anything, the My Subscriptions button just disappears. If a topic is locked, the Subscribe to this Topic button simply isn't displayed.

All very confusing to the novice user.

Thank you for your reply

Edited by - phetherington on 26 Oct 2006 17:57:19
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000