GC+ Booting and Registry problems
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ksadowski

3 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  09:46:51  Show Profile
This all started out when I attempted to update adsload.reg file on my GC+. After that my unit started failing the registry parsing. No matter what I did from that point I receive the following error in my debug port:
REG_Init::ParseF.ParseFile() failed
I tried several times to change the registry file, including the previously saved registry, to no avail.

I tried to update the same registry file on a different unit and received the same symptoms. At which point I erased the flash for adsload.reg and reloaded a base adsload.reg file. Unfortunately, it seems all I was writing to the flash was garbage that appeared to be from adsload.hwt. So I erased both adsload.reg and adsload.hwt and now the unit seems to lock up when I try to load adsload.hwt. The debug port indicates its reading the file from the ATA port but never continues from there. In fact, the adsload.hwt file is never written to flash. Now the unit is unable to boot to CE.

So that leaves two questions:
1. How can I recover these two units so I don't have two bricks?
2. How can I load registry files that may contain the characters '=][%' etc? (The characters are required due to hashed passwords.)

Graphics Client Plus
CE 3.0 32M Build 3.22
Boot 1.76

grenierm

133 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2007 :  14:50:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
This question has been taken offline and is being handled directly with the customer.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000