Corrupted BitsyXB?
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

janetjek

2 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2007 :  17:38:22  Show Profile
My BitsyXB hung up on boot last week. Since it matched the symptoms where an erase of FlashFX by ADS fixed it, I erased (part of) FlashFX, and reloaded WinCE, which automatically reformatted FlashFX. The system was fine until today.

After power cycling today, the system will not even read the CF card. The debug port is normally off (for use with another device in the system). I cannot re-enable the debug port since the board will not read the CF card.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot and/or resurrect this board?

BTW, I am using Bootloader 2.4 (and was on the verge of upgrading to 2.8 due to the known flash corruption problem) and WinCE 5.00.29.

Thanks.

janetjek

2 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2007 :  18:54:12  Show Profile
It looks like it might have been a couple of new registry entries I incorrectly added in adsload.reg:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\AutoHide]
@=dword:1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\OnTop]
@=dword:0

Is there any way to erase/reset these entries to get a clean start?

Edited by - janetjek on 24 Sep 2007 18:54:42
Go to Top of Page

ljoy

22 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  13:31:02  Show Profile  Email Poster
To completely delete a key, go into the device's registry file (Start - Run - Regedit) and find the key you wish to delete. Highlight it on the right (or bottom). On the top, click Edit, then Delete. The key will be deleted.

Then delete the offending entries from your ADSLOAD.REG.

There is a debug option available only on the BitsyXb. Boot into debug menu, then select option "O" (Options for this board), then option "E" to erase persistent registry.
Go to Top of Page

janetjek

2 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2007 :  13:41:36  Show Profile
Unfortunately this board will not boot at all. It will not even read the CF card. The debug port is disabled from the previous reboot.

Is there a way (possibly with JTAG) to completely reset the board? Or at least reinitialize the adsload.hwt and adsload.reg?

Without the debug port, I cannot boot into the debug menu.
Go to Top of Page

grenierm

133 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2007 :  14:26:51  Show Profile  Email Poster
This question has been taken offline and is being handled directly with the customer.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000