Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

sdsteam

60 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  16:27:10  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi,

We are using Bitsy-x Board in our project. The Touch screen module in few of the Bitsy-x boards stop working, Could you plz help us on identifying what is the issue with these bitsy-x boards. Can we able to check anything here itself or do we need to send for repair to you.

Thanks & Regards

Kamakshi K

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  16:46:23  Show Profile  Email Poster
Take a look at the touch panel topic index and in particular, the troubleshooting topic.

My suggestions:
- Try connecting a new touch panel to the same system. Analog-resistive touch panels do wear out, especially when tapped with a sharp stylus. The flatflex cables will also fatigue if they get repeatedly bent.

- If the problem follows the BitsyX, you could probe the touch panel signals to see if there are measurement pulses when the panel is depressed. However, there won't be much you can fix if the problem lies with the BitsyX. You'll have to submit them for repair using the RMA form at topic 1476.

In your response, you might mention if these were production systems or development systems on your desk. I expect that the problem lies in the touch panels themselves, but look forward to hearing what you find.
Go to Top of Page

sdsteam

60 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2007 :  14:35:58  Show Profile  Email Poster
Dear Andrew,

Thanks for the support. We have already verified with change in new Cable and touch panel (These are working with other Bitsy-X) and found the problem is with bitsy-x.

The Bitsy-X are production systems.

Thanks & Regards

Kamakshi K

Edited by - sdsteam on 18 Oct 2007 14:38:07
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000