Extra Serial on BitsyXb with CE 5.0
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

cliu

6 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2007 :  18:56:34  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am in need of a 4th serial port on this device. I have tried compact flash to serial, PCMCIA to serial, and USB to serial products with out much luck on this device...although I have yet to find any of these devices stating they work on CE 5.0, just 4.2 and CE.net.

So my question is if there is a piece of hardware that can get me an additional serial port that is known to work on the BitsyXb with CE 5.0?

Edit: I can confirm that the IONetworks Edgeport/1 does work for Win CE 5.0. However, I'm assuming the only way to prevent the driver name prompt from showing is to build the .dll into a WinCE build? I know the registry entires are persistent and I a run the ADScopy to move the .dll to the Windows directory, but the copy happens after CE looks for new devices. So is a custom CE build the only way to fix this so we don't get the driver prompt?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Edited by - cliu on 18 Oct 2007 11:58:57

janetjek

2 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2007 :  15:25:08  Show Profile
Hi, I had this same problem and was able to solve it by putting the driver on FlashFX Disk and updating the registry to use the full driver path (FlashFX Diskdriver.dll)

BTW, my driver (FTDI usb/serial converter) has the driver listed in two different keys (HKLM/Drivers/USB/LoadClients/1027_24577/Default/Default/FTDI_Device/DLL and HKLM/Drivers/USB/FTDI_DEVICE_6001/DLL) and i changed both just to be sure. It turns out that only the LoadClients version one needed to be changed.

I used the remote registry editor and then ran RegFlushKeys at the console to make sure the changes "stuck".
Go to Top of Page

grenierm

133 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2007 :  11:30:32  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the question cliu, and thanks for the response janetjek

Take a look at topic 2438 for more information on how to add a .dll into the system path.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000