Reset Detected
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

erasmussen

15 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  20:04:25  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am doing a new version of our BitsyX Win CE 4.2 based product that does not have a sleep wake cycle -- it just stays on all the time, and I am finding that it is reseting at odd intervals. I have, to the best of my ability turned off the watchdog, but I still get "Reset Detected" and a reset every couple of hours.

My question is: is there anything else that would generate a "Reset Detected" message? if the system crashes can it generate a "Reset Detected" message? Is there a way to trap what caused the "Reset Detected" message?

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2008 :  21:29:51  Show Profile  Email Poster
A couple of thoughts/questions:
- Does your application turn on the watchdog timer?
- Does the same failure occur on another BitsyX? There could be a reset input that is floating instead of being pulled up properly.
- Does the unit reset spontaneously when your application has not run on it?

There aren't any known reset issues with the BitsyX, so you'll probably need to take a little time to figure out whether it's a software or hardware problem.

Feel free to email us a zipped up copy of the debug port output and your adsload.reg and hwt files (see the \temp folder), though I don't expect many clues there.

p.s. I've moved your post to the CE forum so the Linux guys don't have to endure our Microsoft banter. :)
Go to Top of Page

beitman

63 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2008 :  09:27:56  Show Profile  Email Poster
This message is output by the bootloader on a hard reset, including a watchdog reset.

I am curious, what do you mean by "I have, to the best of my ability turned off the watchdog?" Did you start the watchdog timer? The only way to turn off the watchdog on a PXA255 is to reset the PXA255, which can include a suspend/resume cycle, and then not start the timer again. If you don't start the watchdog timer, it will not be active.
Go to Top of Page

erasmussen

15 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2008 :  11:39:39  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the help. The problem was that the Watchdog was being turned on at program start with a default value and then attempted to be turned off upon configuration load depending on configuration settings.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000