Can't revert to CE 5.0 after CE 6.0
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Arkadiy

1 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2008 :  18:34:17  Show Profile
I have loaded CE 6.0 into BitsyXb. Now I must return to 5.0. I put the desired nk.bin onto the StorageCard and reboot but it doesn't load the nk.bin. Also, now it won't load new .hwt or .reg either. I have 2.10 bootloader.

I changed the bootswitch to start the bootloader. When I display a list of files on the PC card from the bootloader menu, the nk.bin file that I copied over using ActiveSync shows up as nk~1.bin. How do I make the bootloader see a nk.bin file so I can update the image? Also, the bootloader sees adsload.hwt as adsloa~1.hwt.

Edited by - Arkadiy on 09 Sep 2008 10:27:56

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2008 :  18:28:56  Show Profile  Email Poster
Reverting to CE 5.0 when CE 6.0 is loaded on the board usually requires reformatting FlashFX. On some of our systems, creating a file called ADSLoad.fmt on the CF card will trigger a FlashFX format on reboot.

As for the file name issue, we have seen this with CE 6.0 systems where the file name is stored as a long file name. Our bootloader does not support this format and will skip over the file without loading it from the CF card. To detect this, you can select the "D" command in the bootloader debug menu, or you can run "dir /x" on the CF card directory from you PC. If you see any "~1" in the file name, copy the file to you PC, rename it temporarily, then rename it back to the correct name and copy it from the PC directly to the CF card. Do not transfer it via a connection to your CE 6.0 system. This should restore the file name to the 8.3 (DOS style) format.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000