Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

milevskya

2 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2009 :  12:21:24  Show Profile
Hi,

I want the Catalyst EC to default on when power is applied. Can I remove SW2 and solder a wire to short it out to force the Catalyst to be on? I would rather not use the J4 maintenance BTN_ONOFF#.

Thanks

grenierm

133 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2009 :  16:08:22  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi milevskya,

Excellent question!

Unfortunately this is not possible. This is due to the fact that the Microcontroller is rising-edge triggered. Meaning, that when you tie the BTN_ONOFF# signal to GND, you are effectively just continuously pressing-and-holding the button down. The release of the button actually triggers the startup.

Go to Top of Page

milevskya

2 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2009 :  16:24:44  Show Profile
Thanks grenierm,

So to make sure I understand you correctly, there is no way to have the Catalyst EC default-on (either through SW2 or BTN_ONOFF#). I am required to provide an external signal to get the board to boot-up.

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

twhite

133 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2010 :  14:51:30  Show Profile  Email Poster
milevskya,

This has been request from a number of our customers. So, to handle those requests, we have special firmware available for the Catalyst boards that will allow the system to power up automatically when power is applied.

If you are interested in this firmware option, please be sure to contact us at support.us@eurotech.com.

Thank you for your request and patience if you're still looking for this feature.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000