CPU Change?
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

erasmussen

15 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2010 :  16:42:22  Show Profile  Email Poster
Just installing a new system and the USB driver won't connect to the device. Upon closer inspection it appears that the processor on the "new" systems is a "88AP270M-BHE1" while the old (working) system is "PXA270" something.

did we get the wrong part or has there been a change. how do we USB connect and are there other differences we need to be aware of?

twhite

133 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2010 :  10:25:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
erasmussen,

Could you please provide us with the serial number and part number of your Eurotech board so we can investigate this? (I'm assuming you're using CE since that is the forum topic this is posted under.)

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

erasmussen

15 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2010 :  12:48:43  Show Profile  Email Poster
S/N: RME7W9F

900118-0100RA10
621118-0000RA9
Go to Top of Page

beitman

63 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2010 :  13:02:59  Show Profile  Email Poster
Could you be more specific about what you are doing? What USB driver won't connect to what device? What USB are you using? USB Host, like the connector that you would plug a mouse into, or USB Function/Client that you would use a cable to connect to a PC for ActiveSync? What are you inspecting to get those processor strings?
Go to Top of Page

erasmussen

15 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2010 :  14:33:45  Show Profile  Email Poster
We make several products a month with BitsyXb boards and our own daughter board. We were going to make a new product and pulled a BitsyXb board out of the stock room and tried running the same procedure we always use and after installing the OS via PCMCIA card as we always do the next step is to connect USB and make an activesync connection as we always do. This failed.

The technician then grabbed another BitsyXb board and it failed in the same way. Upon closer inspection the technician discvered that on these new boards the processor is different. He then went and searched for a new board with the old processor, found it and installation went fine.

To me this strongly indicates that there are differences in the new boards with the new processors. At the very least we cannot connect via USB and activesync.

Can you please confirm that you have indeed changed the processor on the BitsyXB that way we can rule out something weird like we have counterfit boards or some old boards or something else.
Go to Top of Page

erasmussen

15 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2010 :  18:03:45  Show Profile  Email Poster
UPDATE:

When I connect to the boards with the new processor the USB VID/PID is as follows:

USB\VID_0000&PID_0000\5&2F054F7&0&2

When I connect to the boards with the old processor the USB VID/PID is as follows:

USB\VID_18AB&PID_249C\5&2F054F7&0&2

This suggests the reason why we cannot connect via USB. Can you shed any light on why they are different and how we resolve this issue?
Go to Top of Page

twhite

133 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2010 :  09:44:46  Show Profile  Email Poster
Today we tested two BitsyXbs, configured with 5.00.51 – one with PXA270 and one with PXA270M. We did not see problem with USBC (USB Client) enumeration. We tested with both ActiveSync 3.7 and 4.5. ActiveSync connected successfully in all four cases.

Based on this, we would like you to ship us your failing custom daughter board and BitsyXb. This way, we can perform full comparison testing of your system and determine more quickly the issue. Email me and I will reply with forwarding information. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000