Compiling a desktop application dll for windows CE
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

akshada

2 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2014 :  11:58:19  Show Profile
I have a desktop application dll which was built to target .Net framework 3.5 and a platform WIN32. It is running fine when it is included in other desktop project.

I want to use the same dll in my Windows CE application. As I also have a source code for the dll, I was trying to build it to target "Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4)" platform. But as soon as I changed target platform from WIN32 to "Pocket PC 2003 (ARMV4)" and compiled it, "Common Language Runtime Support" option on the property pages of the project went missing and gave the following error -
"fatal error C1189:#error: ERROR: Use of C runtime library internal header file"

If whatever I am doing here is wrong, please help me find the correct way to include a desktop application dll in a Windows CE application.

Thank you

beitman

63 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2014 :  12:09:09  Show Profile  Email Poster
Which board are you targeting? Why are you targeting ARM instead of the .NET Compact Framework?
Go to Top of Page

akshada

2 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2014 :  13:01:57  Show Profile
Thank you for your quick reply. I am sorry for not specifically mentioning that the dll I was trying to use is a C++ CLI dll.

As per our conversation I think we can conclude that the .NET Compact Framework does not support the C++ CLI code and unfortunately the only solution to come around this problem is to rewrite the code in either C# or VB.

Thank you once again for your guidance. It was very helpful.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000