PCMCIA Cards
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

jlackey

213 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2002 :  11:16:26  Show Profile  Email Poster
What kind of PCMCIA/CF cards do you support?

By default, our kernels are configured for ATA flash and NE2000 ethernet cards. If you make a zImage without modification, your board should work with these types of cards. We have tested several NE2000 ethernet cards and ATA flash cards. If you find an ATA flash or NE2000 card that does not work with our images, let us know.

To enable 802.11b wireless networking cards, see Wireless drivers.

Why don't I see any messages when a card is inserted?

Check /var/log/messages to verify CardServices was started:
    Linux PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.22
    options: []
    SA-1100 PCMCIA (CS release 3.1.22)
and the cardmgr daemon was started and initialized on at least one socket.

You can also use ps to check for cardmgr. You can start cardmgr with the command:
    /sbin/cardmgr
Even when cardmgr is running, the system doesn't detect my PCMCIA card. What else should I check?

If you want to use a special PCMCIA card (not defined in the system), the driver for card should be inlcuded in the kernel or loaded as module and /etc/pcmcia/config and /etc/pcmcia/config.opts should be checked. A web search for 'linux arm' and the name or model number of the card will often turn up the necessary configuration information.

If you still have problem using a specific PCMCIA card, ask us for help.

Can I get more information about a card that is detected when it's inserted in a PCMCIA slot?

You can create a directory named /var/lib/pcmcia and start or restart cardmgr. The cardmgr will put a file named 'stab' in that directory which will have an entry for each inserted PCMCIA card.
    mkdir /var/lib/pcmcia
    cardmgr
    cat /var/lib/pcmcia/stab

You can use cardctl with the status, config, and ident options to get information about inserted cards.
    cardctl status
    cardctl config
    cardctl ident

You can look at /proc/bus/pccard/... which has some information about the drivers present in the kernel.
    cat /proc/bus/pccard/drivers
    cat /proc/bus/pccard/00/status
    cat /proc/bus/pccard/01/status

30-Dec-2003: jlackey
21-May-2002: jlackey
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000