All Forums
 Microsoft Windows CE
 CE Sample Applications and Utilities
 eVC - HTMLView.exe (Fullscreen Web Viewer)
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2002 :  11:25:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
HTMLView.exe for CE 3.0

HTMLView is an application that creates a BrowserControl in a full work area window. By default it loads /FlashFX Disk/ADSStart.htm.

You can use HTMLView to use your ADS development system as a web-page kiosk. Simply do the following:

1. Rename your start page to ADSStart.htm and place it in the FlashFX Disk folder

2. Rename HTMLView.exe to ADSLoad.exe and place it on an ATA card

3. Modify ADSLoad.reg to not show the desktop at startup with the following key:
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Platform\Bitsy]
    "LaunchCEShell"=dword:0
  4. Make sure your DIP switches are set to read from the ATA card (1,3,4 on w/ GM/GCP, all off w/ Bitsy) insert the ATA card and restart the device

The device will start up with no Start bar and the ADSStart.htm page full screen.

Key APIs Used

SystemParametersInfo
CAxWindow::Create
CAxWindow::QueryHost
CAxWindow::QueryControl

Lines of Code: 372

Source Download
Rev 1 - June 5, 02 (18k zip).
Note: Not for use with CE 4.0 or later (see below).

modified March 31, 02 (ctacke) - added key APIs and LOC

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2003 :  14:17:25  Show Profile  Email Poster
Update

The original HTMLView application was written and compiled using eVC 3.0 and would only run on CE 3.0 devices.

We've added eVC 4.0 project files along with a binary compiled with eVC 4.0 to the download package for use with CE 4.x.
Go to Top of Page

pmills

2 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  13:32:15  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am having trouble using this sample on an AGX dev system with CE.Net4.2. The sample seems to create the control, but will not actually navigate to a page - the screen just remains white. I poked around a bit and the CLSID does exist, but I don't see webview.dll or shdocview.dll on the machine.
Do I need to use a different CE build in order to use this sample?
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2005 :  18:39:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
It looks like it's finding the DLLs; otherwise it wouldn't create the control at all (the DLLs are probably hidden, but you can display them with dir and some command line parameters, if you're interested).

We can take a look at this to see what's going on, if it's important to your application.
Go to Top of Page

pmills

2 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2005 :  13:18:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thank you very much. Yes it is important to my application that I be able to host the browser control. Normally, I would just drop the WebBrowser control on a CFormView but that did not work. That problem is what led me to your sample.
Thanks again,
Philip
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2005 :  17:05:50  Show Profile  Email Poster
HTMLView.exe uses the IBrowser control from CE 3.0.

Windows CE 4.x added a newer version of Internet Explorer as well as a standard implementation of the IWebBrowser2 that is interface-compatible with IE 6.0's desktop control, so while the HTMLViewer sample will no longer work, just about any desktop or CE example using IWebBrowser2 is applicable. The interface is defined in 'exdisp.h'.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000