[GM] USB Mouse / KB Issues
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

85 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2002 :  16:49:32  Show Profile  Email Poster

Summary:

USB Keyboard and mouse together seem to cause problems.

Details:

Graphics Master, OS Version 3.33
USB Mouse: GE Deluxe Scroll Mouse (Model:97882)
USB Keyboard: Belkin Classic Keyboard F8E206-USB

USB Mouse alone or in combo with PS2 Mouse and / or Keyboard is OK.

USB Mouse & Keyboard can be ok if plugged in while the ADS is running.

USB Mouse & Keyboard cause problems if present during boot -- FlashFX disk appears to be empty shortly after boot (there is a period when it is ok, 'cause programs in the startup folder start, but the startup folder disappears before the programs therein are completely started). Alternatively, if a ComactFlash card is in, it acts much the same as when it is pulled out during boot (Pops up dialog about formatting the flash card, even though it's ok). In the flash card scenario, the FlashFX disk is OK.

USB Keyboard / PS2 Keyboard conflicts: Booting with both PS2 and USB keyboards (a feaure our product will require) can cause a "Fatal Application Error", application name: GMLnch.exe Exception: 0xC0000005 Addr: 01f6A038

USB Keyboard w/ PS2 Mouse: After restart is executed, the keyboard doesn't actually work. USB KB alone seems ok, though.

Let me know if you'd like more detail.

85 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2002 :  11:56:50  Show Profile  Email Poster
Per ADS recommendation, I purchased:
MS Internet Keyboard Pro
MS WheelMouse Optical

Things work much better, now. The only remaining potential issue relates to using a PS/2 mouse and the USB mouse at the same time (with or without KBs). The mouse cursor doesn't appear until I move the PS/2 mouse. Strangely, if I plug the USB mouse into the USB KB instead of the GM, it works fine. Don't think it's an issue for our app, but it appears as though there are some problems in the USB / DeviceManager subsystem ...

Also, I fiddled about with various combos, and it looks like the Belkin KB needs to be present for the Fatal Application Errors, etc. to occur.

Go to Top of Page

bruces

6 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  11:27:14  Show Profile  Email Poster
I'm using a GM board with build 3.92 of WinCE.NET. The PS/2 keyboard driver is having a nasty stuck-shift key behavior. It happens with normal shift key usage while typing, but it is very repeatable by holding the shift key down. It starts repeating, loses sync with the caps lock icon in the tray, etc. It's a mess.

I am using a PS/2 mouse and a PS/2 keyboard.

Got a fix? Or, got another keyboard solution that works?

--Bruce
Go to Top of Page

bruces

6 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2002 :  11:33:29  Show Profile  Email Poster
I forgot to mention that the 3 LED's come on and go off in the course of pressing caps lock, etc. trying to recover it. When this happens, "PS2 Keyboard Detected:" comes out the debug serial port. Also, I've tried three different keyboards (2 Dell QuietKey and 1 mini keyboard by Crystal Visions)
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000