CE Downloads and Documents
 Tools woes
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

bruces

6 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2002 :  14:53:20  Show Profile
Suddenly development tools for my .NET 3.92 GM system with eVC 4.0 SP1 are broken. I connect with ActiveSync 3.5 with no problem, and I can explore the unit. However, within eVC 4.0 I can no longer download to the target after building, remote tools don't work, etc. I have been using the SDK dated March 13 available for download in your GM .NET Beta folder.

After doing a build all and it tries downloading to the target, I get the message box, "Error: Connection was not created." And when I try using remote regedit, I get the message box, "The Microsoft ActiveSync reported the following error: Unable to load device side components. Please check server configuration settings."

The only thing that has changed since I was using the environment successfully was that I uninstalled PB 4.0 and installed PB 4.1.

These are the things I've tried:

Uninstall eVC 3.0 and 4.0 and all SDK's. Reinstalled 3.0, 3.0 SDK's, 4.0, 4.0 SDK's, and 4.0 SP1. No luck. Identical behavior.

Tried GM board of my collegue who is successfully using the tools above (with the exception that he does not have PB 4.x installed).

Any advice? I am dead in the water.

--Bruce

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2002 :  14:57:49  Show Profile
Sounds like PB 4.1's Platform Manager destroyed the connection. This may be because the SDK was created with 4.0, though it may just be bad luck as well. Microsoft assures us that 4.0 and 4.1 can coexist on the same machine, so if that's an option, you may try it until we get a new SDK exported.

-----------------
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Applied Data Support
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000