Panel-mount USB cables?
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

pervasive

12 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  14:19:58  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi. We're developing an application that will need a panel-mounted USB cable. I see that the Graphics Master has a header with the USB signals on it, but I haven't found any sources for USB connectors that can be panel mounted. Do you know of any?

Thanks in advance, Bill

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  15:17:40  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Bill. There are various cable manufacturers out there that make USB cables for panel mounting. One that has cables you could adapt for our products is DataPro International. They have a couple products made for PC motherboards that could be quickly adapted for use with your application.

The 1490 has two Type A (device) USB sockets mounted to a PC faceplate
It has one-foot cables that run to two connectors for a PC motherboard
1490-01C, $7.95, http://www.datapro.net/1490.html

The 1590 is similar to the 1490 but uses a single 8-pin adapter (used for for newer AT motherboards)
It has one-foot cables and is listed as 5-wire (probably includes shell connection)
1590-01C, $9.95, http://www.datapro.net/1590.html

When I checked in with them about their products, they were very helpful (I spoke with Anthony). You can order online.
Go to Top of Page

shilliard

4 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2002 :  11:00:50  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi, do you know of any sources for a panel mounted USB 'B' connector? DataPro don't have the 'B' variety.

Thanks Stephen
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2002 :  18:00:57  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Stephen. We looked into this and didn't find any panel-mount solution for Type B sockets. You might have to create a small printed wiring board that would hold a vertical or horizonal PWM-mount USB socket.

Another solution would be to permanently attach a USB cable to your equipment. That might not be as durable or desirable, though.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000