PC connection over USB
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

tom.hill

16 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2002 :  15:48:30  Show Profile  Email Poster
Is there a way to connect to the Bitsy over USB without ActiveSync?

I have tried, on Windows 2000, to use CreateFile to open a handle to the Anchor USB EZ-Link Cable, after successfully enumerating it with the SetupDi functions. But I get ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED. I have even created a SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES structure, but to no avail. USBView works to list it and to show its descriptors. (I wish I knew what USBView was doing.)

Also, once we are able to get a handle to the USB device on the PC, what do we have to do on the Bitsy? How do we communicate with the driver on the Bitsy side? I don't see any support for the SetupDi functions.

tom.hill

16 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2002 :  16:37:14  Show Profile  Email Poster
Okay, I figured out how USBView works (at least, functionally) and now can get a good handle from the PC.

Now I need to do the same thing on the Bitsy.

On the PC, I traverse host controllers (starting with \\.\HCn) and their hubs until I get to the Bitsy device. There is no \\.\HC0 on the Bitsy to do this with. What is the name of the device I pass to the CreateFile?
Go to Top of Page

tom.hill

16 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2002 :  17:12:55  Show Profile  Email Poster
Here's our problem.

We need to connect a Bitsy to a PC and have the PC send data to an application on the Bitsy. We have the PC side opening a pair of USB endpoints -- one for reading, and one for writing. We need to do the same thing on the Bitsy. The problem is that we can't see how to get a handle to the USB device on the Bitsy.

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000