CE Downloads and Documents
 Bitsy CE 4.1 Release
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2002 :  15:30:30  Show Profile
The release images for CE.NET based on 4.1 are now available from our image selector page These images start with Build 4.11.

nghia

36 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  14:56:32  Show Profile
I have a BitSy board and Ethernet interface(NoCF) hardware which is running ADS CE 3.20 (NoCF), Boot ROM (ver. 1.75).
It is working fine :
1. I can ping the other device,
2. I can access to the Compact Flash Slot, Ethernet controller
(address SLOT1_MEM_ADDR = 0x3C000000 to 0x3FFFFFFF)by using
VirtualAlloc and VirtualCopy functions.

After I upgrade to BitSy,32MB, ADS CE 4.12 and Boot ROM ver 1.76 (required). System boots up correctly but :
1. I can NOT ping the other device, it return with error:
" Transmit error 11003 ".
2. I can NOT access the Compact Flash Slot SLOT1_IO_ADDR any more

My question: Is the ADS CE 4.12 (build 1/16/2003) correct for BitSy board with Ethernet interface ONLY (NoCF) ?
or do I need setup something to work with Ethernet and access to the compact Flash BUS ? because our hardware is mapping in this address area.

Thank in Advance.

Nghia

P.S: When I return back to the previous CE version (3.20 NoCF) then it works well, but I need CE.net.

Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  14:08:57  Show Profile

Nghia, to keep others up to date on this issue, I'm going to summarize what we've discussed:

The problem with PING is that the Ethernet drivers (SMC9000) aren't included in Bitsy CE build 4.12. The Bitsy .NET builds are currently only built for Bitsy systems with CF personality boards.

Like the Bitsy Plus (see topic 828), we're in the process of changing the Bitsy boot code and CE builds so they can work with both CF and Ethernet configurations based on entries in the ADSLOAD.HWT file. However, that work may not be complete for a while yet.

In the interim, we recommend continuing to use Bisty32 noCF, CE 3.0 build 3.20 for Ethernet applications. We're also going to explore some other interim solutions.

Go to Top of Page

dlandon

5 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2003 :  10:02:23  Show Profile
Does this mean I cannot use a LinkSys PCM100 Ethernet card with my BitsyX with a CF personality board along with CE.Net 4.1 build 4.17? Would this work with CE 3.0 build 3.20?

quote:
[i]Originally posted by akidder[/i]
[br]
Nghia, to keep others up to date on this issue, I'm going to summarize what we've discussed:

The problem with PING is that the Ethernet drivers (SMC9000) aren't included in Bitsy CE build 4.12. The Bitsy .NET builds are currently only built for Bitsy systems with CF personality boards.

Like the Bitsy Plus (see topic 828), we're in the process of changing the Bitsy boot code and CE builds so they can work with both CF and Ethernet configurations based on entries in the ADSLOAD.HWT file. However, that work may not be complete for a while yet.

In the interim, we recommend continuing to use Bisty32 noCF, CE 3.0 build 3.20 for Ethernet applications. We're also going to explore some other interim solutions.

Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2003 :  10:15:52  Show Profile
Dan: You cannot use the LinkSys Ethernet card because LinkSys does not provide CE drivers for its current card. It is unrelated to the Ethernet hardware we provide with our systems.

Please see the responses we gave to your question at topic 958. You can use the Hawking and other Ethernet cards we've tested with our systems.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000