Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

haka

31 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  04:54:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi

I have started up our application that created for Bitsy, on a Bitsy Plus board almost everything is working but not the old UCB I/O:s.
When i execute this :
m_hJbcPowerPort = CreateFile(_T("IOA2:"), GENERIC_WRITE, 0, NULL, OPEN_EXISTING, 0, NULL);
if (m_hJbcPowerPort == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)
error = TRACE_ERROR(GetLastError());

I get not valid handler and error is 55(The specified network resource or device is no longer avaiable).
Is that a other way to access this I/O:s for Bitsy Plus ?

And I also using AIN1 in my program is AIN1 still avaible? Or
must I use other analog input.

BR Hans

Edited by - haka on 11 Mar 2003 05:10:34

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  07:24:37  Show Profile  Email Poster
The Bitsy Plus does not have a UCB1200 and the digital I/Os that were on it have been replaced using a CPLD. These are now all handled using the port "EIO1:" which can been seen in the sample at Topic 807.
Go to Top of Page

haka

31 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  08:17:38  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for you fast reply.
The EIO is not so well described in our documention about
Bitsy Plus. So I have one question:
UCB_IO1 that is described in Bitsy Plus user manual which bit will that respond to when using EIO1: ?
Should it work like this that UCB_IO0 is bit 0 and UCBIO9 is bit 9.

Other thing you answer this one time:
And I can only read it as that should be no difference between
bitsy and bitsy plus according I/O:s, but this not correct?

Posted - 12/04/2002 : 11:57:43
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're moving right along on our Bitsy Plus development, switching from the old Bitsy. Is there anything we need to know about using the UCB1200 I/Os that no longer exist?
Thanks!
-Patrick
Magnatech LP
East Granby, CT

akidder

371 Posts
Posted - 12/04/2002 : 13:28:47
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Patrick:

The ten digital I/Os on the Bitsy Plus formerly provided by the UCB1200 are now handled by a CPLD on the board. A couple things to note:
Electrically, the signals are still 3.3V CMOS, but now they can source and sink significantly more current. See the "System Controller" section in the System Specifications chapter of the user's manual for full details.

IMPORTANT! One significant difference is that these digital I/Os are no longer current-limited. Check your electrical circuits before connecting to these signals.

Programatically, the drivers are the same as in the Bitsy. Both Linux and CE use the same signal names as on the Bitsy.
Since the connectors are the same, applications that used these I/Os on the Bitsy should work on the Bitsy Plus. Just make sure you don't over-current an older board you designed for the Bitsy.

Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2003 :  14:04:03  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for your post!

Here's some background: Early builds of CE for the Bitsy Plus included the Bitsy UCB drivers(IOAn: and IOBn:). Since then, we have also been including the newer driver(EIO1:), which allows much quicker access to the digital I/Os and makes it practical to use the a port as a 10-bit parallel I/O bus. As you found, we are phasing out the IOAn: and IOBn: drivers in current Bitsy Plus builds. Take a look at how to use the EIO1: driver in the sample application that Chris has posted.

One difference in the new driver(EIO1:) is that if you are performing bit-wise digital I/O, your application must keep track of the state of each output bit. It is also valid, however, to read the port first, change the bit you want to manipulate, and write the value back out to the port.

On a different note, thanks for pointing out the error in topic 707, which you quoted. I have updated that thread to clarify the changes.

I hope this clarifies how the drivers have evolved and how to use the new ones.

Cheers,

Drew
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000