Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

nghia

36 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2003 :  18:20:59  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi,
I use the ADS Bitsy Plus development system which is running CE 4.12.
I debug my application software by using USB ActiveSync to connect to eVC++ 4.0 . During the debugging the program (single step or set a brak point) I receive a error message :

" The connection to the target device has been broken
Debugging will now stop.
You must now exit and restart eVC. "

Is it a known problem with CE 4.12 ?
Do I have to setup or install something to avoid the disconnection to the target during the debugging the software (1.5Mb and using winsock2) ?

Thank in advance.

Nghia

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  09:22:37  Show Profile  Email Poster
This message occurs when the connection between the device and the development PC is broken while in a debug session. Check to ensure your USB cable is making a solid connection.
Go to Top of Page

nghia

36 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2003 :  11:04:51  Show Profile  Email Poster
I have the same problem when I use ethernet ActiveSync connection.
I think somehow it relates with thread-process and winsock2 from Window CE because I don't have this problem during debugging the other application software like accesing and programing the Pcmcia/CF
interface.

Nghia.
Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  12:57:34  Show Profile  Email Poster
I've been having a similar problem with the BitsyPlus, CE3.0, ActiveSync 3.6, and a USB connection for debugging. If I shove the cable in any farther, it will come out the other side.

My connection just decides to break while I'm am testing my application.

Susan

Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2003 :  07:26:14  Show Profile  Email Poster
The problem is getting even stranger.

I get the message as stated in the original post. The debugger stops with the message "The program has exited with code -1159943394 (0xBADCAB1E)." The program continues to run on the device. The Active Sync dialog states that we are still connected.

Go to Top of Page

nghia

36 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2003 :  10:49:48  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Susan,

I have the same problem like you have with eVC++ 4.0 and ActiveSync 3.6 . Did you solve your problem ? If YES, can you share with me the solution.

Thanks

Nghia.
Go to Top of Page

Susan

123 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2003 :  11:15:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
Good morning Nghia,

I wish I had a solution. I was hoping the ADS people would look into this since there are now at least two of us to whom this is happening.

If I do come across a solution, I will gladly share it with you.

Have a good day,
Susan
Go to Top of Page

emerendsouza

22 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  14:21:32  Show Profile  Email Poster
I'm have this damn problem too. Its frustrating when you're trying to debug. I'm ready to take a hammer and debug the unit itself.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2004 :  14:36:18  Show Profile  Email Poster
We haven't heard of this issue for a while. What product and CE build are you using?

Also, while Ethernet debugging takes a little more time to set up, it's much faster than USB. Have you given that a try? (Make sure to have the Ethernet rework performed--topic 408--if you're using the Bitsy personality board.)
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000