Hawking Ethernet card and CE 4.x
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2003 :  18:25:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Q: I have a Hawking CF686TX Ethernet card. It worked fine with my ADS device with CE 3.0, but with CE.NET it doesn't seem to work. What's happening?

The Hawking card driver was included in the ADS CE 3.0 builds. We currently do not have them included in the 4.x builds. You can, however, manually install the drivers using the download provided by the manufacturer or using the driver DLL and REG file. If you choose the second method, I have put together an ADSCOPY.INF file and the directory structure needed. You can download it here.

modified May 30, 03 (ctacke) - added ADSCopy directory structure and INF file.

dbrisbois

27 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  14:01:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am trying to install the Hawking driver on a BitsyX, rev 2. Where can I find the HWT and REG files for CE version 4.10.17?
Go to Top of Page

Patrick

34 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  15:14:05  Show Profile  Email Poster
This makes it easier, but it doesn't work on my Bitsy Plus with the 4.13 build of CE.NET
I have this for my ADSCopy.inf:
'\FlashFx Disk\Startup\ADSCopy\le100.dll' '\Windows\le100.dll'
'"\FlashFx Disk\ADSReg.exe" hawking.reg' -x
Which copies the dll, but the reg patch program seems to have no effect. Same goes for just running ADSReg.exe hawking.reg at a command prompt. I have the reg file next to the exe, so they should be able to find each other. After running it, I go into regedit, and look, but the registry is unchanged.
Thanks,
-Patrick
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  12:50:37  Show Profile  Email Poster
Patrick,

The issue is that ADSReg doesn't look in the local directory for the reg file, so you must provide a full path to the target.

I've created an ADSCOPY.INF file and fully directory tree to get this driver to auto-install. Simply extract the files from the link in the root topic post and copy the directory tree to your FlashFX Disk folder.
Go to Top of Page

dbrisbois

27 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  13:04:11  Show Profile  Email Poster
How do we install this driver on a BitsyX? The BitsyX does not appear to have a flash disk.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  13:05:59  Show Profile  Email Poster
Try running EraseFXDisk.exe in the \Windows folder of the device and then rebooting.
Go to Top of Page

dbrisbois

27 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  14:52:10  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks Chris! That did it.
Go to Top of Page

dlandon

5 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2003 :  15:38:59  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks Chris, that Hawking install worked very well for me as did the erasefxdisk.exe utility. I needed that also as my FlashFX Disk folder was not showing up.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000