Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Patrick

34 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2003 :  15:47:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi,
Assuming I'm enumerating the list right, there isn't much installed on my Bitsy Plus for fonts. Just Tahoma and Courier New, and in odd sizes. Is there a complete list of installed fonts somewhere? Can Windows True Type files just be copied to the device using ADSCopy for use in programs?
Thanks,
-Patrick

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2003 :  15:54:46  Show Profile  Email Poster
Patrick,

Yes, Tahoma and Courier are the only fonts installed in our development systems. You can install any True Type font by simply copying it to the \Windows\Fonts folder.
Go to Top of Page

Instron

8 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  15:30:20  Show Profile  Email Poster
I must be missing something. I did as suggested, copied a couple of different font files to \windows\fonts but I still can't seem to access them. If I reset my BitsyX, the files are lost. How do I "install" these? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

whuh

23 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  16:16:59  Show Profile  Email Poster
Copy to \Windows not to \Windows\Fonts
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2004 :  16:29:05  Show Profile  Email Poster
The primary CE file system is a RAM disk, so when you turn the system off, all the data you've saved is wiped out. There are a number of solutions, including non-volatile storage and backup power, but probably the easiest is to use the ADSCopy application posted at topic 463.
Go to Top of Page

Patrick

34 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2004 :  11:52:58  Show Profile  Email Poster
I still can't get it to work. I've copied the file, in this case alba.ttf to the \Windows folder. In my code, I am using a LOGFONT structure, and am setting the font face "Alba"
I don't see what could be the problem. If I change the face to "Courier New" or "Verdana", those fonts work.
Thanks,
-Patrick
Go to Top of Page

HBPayne

45 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2004 :  12:23:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
I don't know if this will help but is an alternative.

We register the font through code by using "AddFontResource(filename)" in our ADSCopy-like application. The font file can also be anywhere doing it this way.

Seems like we had problems with Windows CE not picking up the font by the copy method.
Go to Top of Page

Patrick

34 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2004 :  12:57:26  Show Profile  Email Poster
Worked like a charm, thank you very much!
Do you bother to remove the font at all?
Thank you!
-Patrick
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000