All Forums
 Microsoft Windows CE
 CE Audio and Multimedia
 Adobe Flash player for Windows CE (license)
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  09:48:01  Show Profile  Email Poster
Q. Is there an Adobe Flash Flash player for Windows CE?

Yes. See following posts.

(Here's the original post from 2004....)

To the best of my knowledge, there is still not a reasonable Macromedia Flash Player release for CE. The one that is out there appears to require the gaming API (GAPI.DLL), which is currently only available in PocketPC CE releases.

I saw that the guys at pc-counselor.8m.com created a hack that got it working on the Journada 720. Here are some of the links I found about this issue a while ago, but I'm sure if the hacks still work under CE .NET:In volume applications, Macromedia would likely be interested in talking terms, but I don't believe there's anything publicly available now.

Drop us a line at this post if you have newer information!

Edited by akidder 9-Oct-2007: Adobe acquired Macromedia at the end of 2005. Updated Macromedia Flash to Adobe Flash in this post.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  10:24:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
True. I talked with a Macromedia sales rep a few months ago and it seems that the lower bound for getting Flash licensing for a CE device is around $100,000.
Go to Top of Page

Larry Ricci

42 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2005 :  12:13:27  Show Profile  Email Poster
Macromedia is now sublicensing under much more favorable terms via Vibren technologies.

http://www.vibren.com/eng_solutions/macromedia_engineering.htm

Lawrence (Larry) Ricci
Business Development
301-490-4007 x125
Associate Member with the Intel® Communications Alliance
Microsoft WEP Gold-level Member
An ISO 9001:2000 Registered Company

Edited by ljoy 12-Oct-2007: Deleted obsolete link
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2006 :  18:37:57  Show Profile  Email Poster
Updated links

The Macromedia license is now being offered by NEC as part of its acquisition from Vibren. Minimum license is 1000 pieces.

http://www.necam.com/ecm/embedded/FlashPlayer.cfm
Go to Top of Page

Larry Ricci

42 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2007 :  09:34:30  Show Profile  Email Poster
Consider Silverlight

There is a now a native Microsoft solution, - Silverlight.

Silverlight is a plug-in to Visual Studio, has the features of Flash, a Developer Interface that is a slavish copy of Macromedia, and (this is important) a rich interface to the back-end programming environment (C#, SQL, Python, whatever). Siverlight is included in the CE License.

Silverlight is cross-platform (supported on Linux and other servers) and its plug-in will run on Mozilla, Firefox, Safari etc. Silverlight will save one-time 3rd party charges and per-unit charges, and there is no minimum.

Silverlight is for CE 6.0 and up, and at this time is in Advanced Beta with Visual Studio Orcas Beta. Here is a demo

blogs.msdn.com/mikehall/archive/2007/05/03/medc-2007-sliverlight-on-windows-mobile.aspx
(Note: demo was pulled due to MLB Copyright issues.)

Lawrence Ricci

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000