switching from ce 3.0 to .net
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mhuman1

36 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2003 :  18:49:40  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am using the graphics client + with ce 3.0 and c++ 3.0. Of course, I want to upgrade my devices to ce.net using the .net compact framework.

What do I need to do. Right now I have only 3 boards, and almost all of the development could be done using VB.net within a week. Is there a certain version of visual studio.net that I need??

Also, I have embedded c++ v4.0. When would I use this instead of C#??

Thanks,
Keith Stallings

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2003 :  14:58:22  Show Profile  Email Poster
First you will need to upgrade your device's CE image. You can get the new image from our Windows CE Build Selector. We don't currently have a GCPlus image with the Compact Framework included, but we will be releasing one soon. Until then you can either manually install the CF from a distributable CAB or Studio 2003 will push the necessary files down during debugging.

For the procedures for upgrading your device, see the Developer's Getting Started Guide

For Smart Device Development, you must use Visual Studio 2003 Professional or better. The Single-language SKUs will not work. For help in connecting Studio to your device, see the new version of our Windows CE Developer's Guide.

eVC 4.0 is used solely for C++ development on CE 4.x devices. C# is also done using Studio 2003.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000