Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

KnowledgeBase

296 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2002 :  20:32:32  Show Profile  Email Poster
The Eurotech Inc Windows CE Developer's Guide

This reference is your starting point for developing CE applications for Eurotech Inc products. Topics include:
  • Understanding and updating system files

• Using discrete I/O device drivers

• Developing applications

CE Developers' Guide, C# edition (Rev A) PDF 1.2MB

Also see the Developer's Getting Started Guide (Topic 609) for more information.

Did you know?

You can get automatic email notifications when this, or any Topic is changed or replied to. Simply click the "Subscribe" icon () on the Topic List page (back one from here) on the right side of the Topic to which you would like to subscribe.

You can cancel or manage your subscriptions at any time from the "My Subscriptions" menu item at the upper left of any Forum page.

Edited by twhite 4-Apr-2012: Format updated.
Edited by akidder 27-Sep-2006: Remove link to document 100110-00145 (is available at forum topic 609)

KnowledgeBase

296 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2002 :  20:38:24  Show Profile  Email Poster
#Bitsy_switches

Product Applicability

Though it specifically mentions only the Eurotech Thin Client and Graphics Client, this manual generally applies to all Eurotech StrongARM products. One obvious exception are the Bitsy/Bitsy Plus boot DIP switch settings(txt).

This manual in the process of being revised to include all Eurotech products.

ADS Knowledge Base

Edited by akidder 27-Jan-2003: Bitsy Plus switch settings are same as Bitsy.
Go to Top of Page

KnowledgeBase

296 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2002 :  20:54:01  Show Profile  Email Poster
#CE_port_names

Addendum: More CE Port Names

The following table lists the CE Port Names for Eurotech ARM-Based Development Systems' signal names:

IMPORTANT

These drivers have been replaced by the DIO driver in Eurotech products built since 2005. While the bit-based drivers listed below may be implemented in your product, they are deprecated and may not be supported in future builds.

Signal NameGraphics MasterGraphics Client PlusBitsy
ANIN0AIN1:AIN1:AIN1:
ANIN1AIN2:AIN2:AIN2:
ANIN2AIN3:AIN3:AIN3:
ANIN3AIN4:AIN4:AIN4:
COM1COM1:COM1:COM1:
COM2COM2:COM2:COM2:
COM3COM3:COM3:COM3:
COM4COM4:n/an/a
COM5COM5:n/an/a
COM6COM6:n/an/a
COM7COM7:n/an/a
GPIO_C[6]n/an/aGPI2:
GPIO24GPI1:GPI1:GPI1:
GPIO25GPI2: (LED2:)GPI2:n/a
GPIO26GPI3: (LED1:)GPI3:n/a
GPIO27n/aGPI4:n/a
LED0LED1:LED1:LED1:
LED1LED2:LED2:n/a
LED2LED3:LED3:n/a
UCB_IO0IOA1:IOA1:IOA1:
UCB_IO1IOA2:IOA2:IOA2:
UCB_IO2IOA3:IOA3:IOA3:
UCB_IO3IOA4:IOA4:IOA4:
UCB_IO4IOA5:IOA5:IOA5:
UCB_IO5IOB1:IOB1:IOB1:
UCB_IO6IOB2:IOB2:IOB2:
UCB_IO7IOB3:IOB3:IOB3:
UCB_IO8IOB4:IOB4:IOB4:
UCB_IO9IOB5:IOB5:IOB5:

------------------
ADS Knowledge Base

Edited by knowledgebase 2-Apr-2002
Edited by akidder 9-Apr-2007: Add deprecation notice
Go to Top of Page

KnowledgeBase

296 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2002 :  19:23:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
#GMaster_backlight+vee

Graphics Master Backlight and Vee Control

On the Graphics Master, the SA-1111 companion chip controls Vee (contrast control voltage for passive LCD displays) and the backlight. The driver is named "SAM1:".

The SA-1111 drives two PWM outputs whose duty cycle can be varied from 0 to 100% in 256 steps. The driver has the flexibility to increase and decrease the present output level by a specified step size (eg. when a user presses +/- buttons to change the intensity) or it can set an absolute level.

The driver uses DeviceIoControl() calls to configure output. It accepts one-byte values as described in the following table:

Control Code Code Value Description
------------------------- ------ ----- -------------------------
IOCTL_SET_BACKLIGHT_UP 0x00 0-FF Increase by step given
IOCTL_SET_BACKLIGHT_DOWN 0x01 0-FF Decrease by step given
IOCTL_SET_BACKLIGHT_ON 0x02 0 Turn on; parameter unused
IOCTL_SET_BACKLIGHT_OFF 0x03 0 Turn off; parameter unused
IOCTL_SET_BACKLIGHT_LEVEL 0x04 0-FF Set level

IOCTL_SET_VEE_UP 0x10 0-FF Increase by step given
IOCTL_SET_VEE_DOWN 0x11 0-FF Decrease by step given
IOCTL_SET_VEE_LEVEL 0x14 0-FF Set level
Eg.
hPort = CreateFile(TEXT("SAM1:"),GENERIC_READ|GENERIC_WRITE,0,NULL,OPEN_EXISTING,0,NULL);

bRet = DeviceIoControl(hPort,IOCTL_SET_BACKLIGHT_OFF,NULL,0,NULL,0,&ulBytesRet,NULL);

------------------
ADS Knowledge Base
Go to Top of Page

ms08233

17 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2002 :  17:27:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
Has anybody else noticed that this WinCE for GC+ manual is three years old, and doesn't seem to have much to apply to todays boards (CE 3.0, ActiveSync, Repilog, etc.)? It talks about using an ATA card instead of the FlashFx Disk, and RMONKEY and ADSMONKEY programs I don't see.

I don't see where the ADSLOAD.REG file goes or how to update them (since section 2.5 refers to an ATA card I don't have).

How do I get files I put on the desktop to be persistent after a reset?

And lot's of other questions we haven't thought of yet (we're just now getting started with the GC+). Is there going to a be a new edition of this manual anytime?
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2002 :  17:38:29  Show Profile  Email Poster
When writing and maintaining manuals, especially in a quality controlled environment, it can be challenging to keep them current. While we do plan to update the developer's guide, It likely will not happen until CE 4.1 is in full use along with the Smart Device Extensions. Until then, more current information, especially for CE, is maintained in these forums.

A good place to begin is with the Developer's Getting Started Guide. It is more current and can be found here.

Additionally, take a look in the Sample Applications forum at ADSCopy for information of persisting applications and settings through a reset.

-----------------
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Applied Data Support
Go to Top of Page

ms08233

17 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2002 :  17:51:07  Show Profile  Email Poster
Yeah between my last post and this one I found the "Getting Started" guide you just posted last week. Just in time for us, I guess! Thanks. :-)

As long as you're responding in so timely a manner, where is the "Developer's Page" that's refered to in several places (like for the null modem cable drawing). Is it just http://www.applieddata.net/support/ ?

BTW, your Getting Started manual says we were supposed to get a DB9 F/F null modem cable with our development system. We didn't, so now I'm off to Radio Shack to buy one! (I currently have it patched in with a breakout box)
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2002 :  17:58:24  Show Profile  Email Poster
The "Developer's Page" was a flat HTML page that these Forums replaced earlier this year. The www.applieddata.net/support link is also called the Support Portal, and is generally a more organized way to find common info in the Forums.

-----------------
Chris Tacke, eMVP
Applied Data Support

Update 29-Apr-2008 by ljoy: Link is no longer valid; see most recent post below
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  12:49:04  Show Profile  Email Poster
Update

We've released another preliminary version of the new CE developer's guide that covers Visual Studio .NET 2003 connectivity and Smart Device application deployment. The link is available in the original post of this Topic.
Go to Top of Page

ljoy

22 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2008 :  17:32:44  Show Profile  Email Poster
The Support Portal is now found at http://support.eurotech-inc.com/support
Go to Top of Page

twhite

133 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2012 :  16:01:41  Show Profile  Email Poster
Update, Revision A

We've released another version of the CE Developer's Guide. This revision A incorporates format changes.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000