System memory
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

dhawkins

0 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  19:43:00  Show Profile
When I open up the system properties on my device it states that the device only has 35420KB ram, though my bitsyxb should have 64MB. I have looked on the board to verify that there are indeed 2 32MB chips. The startup debug log also seems to indicate 64MB:

[lf]==================================================[cr]
[lf] BitsyXb Platform - Ethernet Bootloader[cr]
[lf] ------------------------------------------------[cr]
[lf] * Version 1.32[cr]
[lf] * SDRAM: 64 MB[cr]
[lf] * Type: Retail[cr]
[lf] * Built on Jun 29 2006 at 22:04:44[cr]
[lf] * CPLD Rev: 5[cr]
[lf] * DIP SW: 1=off, 2=on[cr]
[lf] * Boot Option: NORMAL[cr]
[lf]==================================================[cr]

I was previously having a problem with the device starting up with no remaining program memory (the memory slider in the system settings was all the way to the right) and I would have to adjust it to allocate more program memory. I have just updated to the latest build ( Windows CE Ver.(5.00.29 BX270_Pro_HIVE) ) and now my memory stats are the same, but the slider starts out in the middle.

Either way it seems that I should have another 32mb to play with that the system is not recognizing.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  23:15:08  Show Profile  Email Poster
You won't have a full 64MB of RAm available. The CE image itself is copies into RAM and executed there, not from flash directly, so you need to subtract out the size of your NK.BIN (plus a little). The CE Getting Started Guide has a description at the end that describes in more detail how this works.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2007 :  08:20:17  Show Profile  Email Poster
We typically load the Pro or Pro Plus builds on dev systems so you have the most features to work with out of the gate. A smaller CE build (e.g. Core v.s Pro) will give you more DRAM to work with but fewer features (e.g. no Media Player, browser or managed code). It looks like you've found the BitsyXb builds already (topic 2100).

Our launcher reads a registry key at boot to set the memory division. Take a look at topic 283 for the key to set.

Most embedded applications work well within the amount of memory available on the board. If not, there are plenty of options to work with. Drop us a line with details about your requirements and we'll be glad to help.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000