BitsyX, Vista and WMDC USB connection
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

jefftaipale

0 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2007 :  12:35:33  Show Profile
Our product is being released at the end of this month. It is running CE 4.2 and we currently debug with activestync via USB. Since some of our customers will be interfacing to PCs running Vista we need to be able to connect as a mobile device and browse folders and so on the way we do with XP.

Vista won't recognize the device. It doesn't recognize the ADS development kit either. We need this to work. Microsoft claims that WMDC 6.1 works with CE 4.2 devices, but not the bitsyX.

Anyone know how to make this work?

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2007 :  17:36:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
Forum post 2497 addresses how to connect a PC running Vista to an ADS device running Windows CE. Jeff and other customers reported that they tried it and it worked for them.
Go to Top of Page

ppsystems

14 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2008 :  14:42:04  Show Profile  Email Poster
I followed the instructions in post 2497 about 8 months ago on a Vista Ultimate system and was able to connect to the BitsyX via WMDC and browse directories as expected.
However, I just tried with a Vista Business edition system and the latest download of WMDC and was not able to find the "Microsoft USB Sync" driver.
Go to Top of Page

ppsystems

14 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  11:05:45  Show Profile  Email Poster
A followup to yesterday's post. I was able to get Vista Business connected to a BitsyxB. I think the keys were:
1. download the WMDC stuff from Microsoft before setting up the device driver.
2. some of the dialogs and checkboxes described in 2497 have now changed.
Go to Top of Page

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2008 :  11:09:50  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks for the update!
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page