General CE
 Visual Studio 2005 support.
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  14:08:06  Show Profile  Email Poster
My company have previously done all of our development for the Bitsy board using eVC 4 for CE 4.2.
My question is, is there an ADS SDK for supporting VS2005 development for CE4.2?

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  15:56:29  Show Profile  Email Poster
If you install the same SDK you used in eVC after you've installed Studio, it will show up as a target device.
Go to Top of Page

cbadr

154 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  16:49:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
Topic 374 includes more information about development for CE 4.x. Please note that you only need ADS SDK with VS2005 for native code development.
Go to Top of Page

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  17:14:45  Show Profile  Email Poster
ctacke: I have ADDS_XSCALE_4_2_SDK.msi, but it will not install without eVC4.

cbadr: Our code base is in C++. Topic 374 describe steps for working with managed code on VS6, and native on eVC4.

I am rather new to CE development, perhaps I am not understanding what you meant, can you be a little more detailed?

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  17:30:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
Native development for CE 4.2 is not supported from Studio 2005. You either need to migrate your platform to CE 5.0 (you didn't say exactly which Bitsy hardware you're using) or stick with eVC 4.0.
Go to Top of Page

3 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  18:40:30  Show Profile  Email Poster
Ah yes, I believe it is a BitsyX system. Definetly not CE5.0 compatible. Thank you for your help, it looks like we are sticking with eVC for a while longer. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

kwdavidson

2 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  16:06:14  Show Profile
I'm confused. It would appear that certain combinations of IDE, CE core, language, and Bitsy board won't work together?

I just took over support of a legacy product that was developed using eVC 4.0, CE 4.2, native C++, and BitsyPlus boards. We're moving to BitsyXb boards and I'm trying to update the tools and libraries to something more recent. What I'd like to run is VS2005 and CE5. Will this combination of hardware and software work, or am I banging my head against the wall? What should I be using for tools for the Xb board?

The "Developer's Getting Started Guide" has a very nice matrix showing what combinations of things will work together, but it's several years old and doesn't cover any of what I'm targeting.

By the way, is there a comprehensive list of differences between the BitsyPlus and the BitsyXb somewhere? I haven't been able to track one down.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

ljoy

22 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  17:20:34  Show Profile  Email Poster
Visual Studio 2005 will work fine with CE 5.0. Topic 2007 has more information on tools.

The Bitsy Plus was followed by the BitsyX, which was the followed by the BitsyXb. Our user manuals have revision histories in section 7.2. The BitsyX User Manual describes the differences from Bitsy Plus to BitsyX, and the BitsyXb User Manual describes the differences from BitsyX to BitsyXb.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000