Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2003 :  11:41:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
XScale USB ActiveSync Drivers

Update: The latest releases of ActiveSync may include the USB ActiveSync driver. See below for details. Even so, you will need the .inf file included in the release package to connect to ADS devices.

Microsoft ActiveSync does not include PC drivers for making USB connections to XScale processor devices, so when you connect your device, you will get the driver installation wizard asking for the driver files.

Use the drivers below when you connect your XScale device to your PC for the first time.

Download: XScale USB ActiveSync driver (ZIP 50k)

Related Topics: StrongARM drivers, ActiveSync topic index

Updated 7/3/07 by jjoseph: Updated inf file to accomodate new VID/PID convention and backward compatibility.
Updated 3/30/06 by bsamuels: Update link to INF file modified to work with newer XScale products.
Updated 8-Nov-2006 by akidder: Add information and link about newer latest drivers.
Updated 18-Jan-2011 by akidder: Link to rev 00085. Remove wceusbsh.sys from zip file.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2003 :  13:31:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Installation instructions are included with the PC USB driver files for StrongARM posted at topic 300.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2003 :  15:15:31  Show Profile  Email Poster
Bug Fix: INF File

We found that there was a bug in the .inf file that caused installation problems with some Windows XP PCs.

Our team has corrected the file based on the latest release in Platform Builder. We have updated the link above.
Go to Top of Page

rdall

16 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  11:14:16  Show Profile  Email Poster
Using your latest XScale drivers, presumably with the bug fix you've mentioned (downloaded March 30, 2006), getting persistent "The Specified Location Does Not Contain Information About Your Hardware" message when attempting to install drivers with hardware install wizard (using manual "have Disk" driver location option).

Using a Bitsy Xb with CF personality board.
MS XP Professional, Service Pack 2.
Connecting PC USB-A to Bitsy Xb (personality) USB-B.
Have browsed your forums on the subject, tried someone's suggestion re. changing
Class=WCEUSBS
to
Class=USB
With no success.

Thanks,
Rick
Go to Top of Page

bsamuels

53 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  11:55:11  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi Rick,

I have updated the .zip file above. It will now work fine with your BitsyXb.
Go to Top of Page

mdrobnic

0 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  16:22:16  Show Profile
I tried to install this driver on my PC using the Add Hardware Wizard from the Control Panel. When I selected "ADS USB Serial" from the installed hardware list, I got a message saying "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)", and the Hardware Update Wizard screen came up.

I had the Hardware Update Wizard search the directory with the Xscale driver files. It found them, but then it displayed a message saying that the software hadn't passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP, and continuing the installation could destabilize the system. It told me to contact the hardware vendor for software that had passed Windows Logo testing.

Do you have a version of this software that's safe to run with Windows XP? I'm using Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with Service Pack 2.

Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  18:50:49  Show Profile  Email Poster
Don't worry about the message about Windows Logo testing--these drivers are from Microsft's CE group! We are using WinXP SP2 on our PC with these drivers with no problems.

For best results, connect your ADS device to your PC with the USB A-B cable we supply, then point the installer to these drivers when prompted.

Go to Top of Page

jwillhite

0 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2006 :  12:24:56  Show Profile  Email Poster
What should I do if the New Hardware Wizard does not show up anymore when I connect my pc to my ADS device?
Go to Top of Page

bsamuels

53 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2006 :  14:58:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
On your PC you can go to My Computer/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager

Find the device in the chain, and update the driver.
Go to Top of Page

dannytran

0 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2006 :  13:59:13  Show Profile
I am running windows XP SP2 and still can't connect to the device. It can't find ADS USB Serial. could anyone point to right place for device driver file.

Thx
danny.tran@stsint.com
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 08 Nov 2006 :  14:11:10  Show Profile  Email Poster
#latest_releases

Latest Releases of Driver

There may be a newer version of wceusbsh.sys available as part of your ActiveSync installation. With the default ActiveSync installation you should find the file in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync\Drivers" folder.

You'll still need to use the .inf file we supply above to ensure that your PC recognizes the ADS device.
Go to Top of Page

dsummersgill

0 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  09:55:59  Show Profile
Is there a 64-bit version of this driver to be used with the x64 version of XP or Vista?
Go to Top of Page

bsamuels

53 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  11:35:21  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hi. To our knowledge, Microsoft does not have a 64-bit version of the USB ActiveSync available at this time. They probably will have it available when Vista is released.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000