Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  14:09:00  Show Profile  Email Poster
Hello,

I have been trying to get a "Hello World" vb.net app to run on a Graphics Master. I have loaded the ce.net image. I have got ActiveSync working (why, I don't know) but, I guess I dont know the steps to take to get VisualStudio to generate an executable for the board.

I found some stuff about WinCEConfig and then about the ADS SDK.

How about a recipe for success on this?

thanks,
Tom.

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  14:17:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
Tom,

Do you have Visual Studio 2003? It is required for Compact Framework development.

From Studio, you simply choose "Smart Device APplication" when creating your project and from there it is no different than developing for the desktop. When you run the application, Studio will connect to your defualt device (either the emulator or your Graphics Master - your choice) and download both the CF runtimes and your application binaries.
Go to Top of Page

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  15:21:59  Show Profile  Email Poster

Yes, I do have the final Beta installed. I chose a "Smart Device Application" and added a single button. I choose debug and I don't see a Graphics master choice - I see a Windeows CE Device choice which always gives "Deployment Errors". The simulator works fine. Am I supposed to run WinCEConfig first?
Go to Top of Page

ctacke

877 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  15:25:43  Show Profile  Email Poster
Use the "Windows CE Device" target to connect to your Graphics Master. You must run the WinCEConfig tool in order to get connectivity. See the instructions in Topic 700.
Go to Top of Page

dorgant

46 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  19:38:44  Show Profile  Email Poster
Yes, you must download and run WinCEConfig. Also, for a VB.Net app with one button, you will need to change the default Storage/Memory allocation or the download of the required CAB file will fail. VisualStudio.Net does not tell you this, it merely says "deploy failed". If you look on the Properties of the Windows Explorer on the ADS box, you will see that the "disk" is full.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2003 :  14:53:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
Take a look at topic 283 for details about how to set the amount of memory set aside for object(file) storage.

Thanks for the warning about the "deploy failed" message, Tom!
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000