VB.NET / VS 2005 Sample Code
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

vcsdesigns

0 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  11:31:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
Are there any samples of code in VB 2005 that can exercise the the demo units audio and serial ports? (ADSMART IO)

The code I have found on the site is for older versions. We are using a new BitsyXB board using CE 5.0.

bsamuels

53 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  15:21:35  Show Profile  Email Poster
The ADSmartIO does not have any serial ports or audio capabilities. For audio reference see this topic, and a serial port sample application can be found here.

Go to Top of Page

vcsdesigns

0 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  15:49:38  Show Profile  Email Poster
Brad, Thanks for getting back to me...

Perhaps I didn't make my self clear.

There is a function in the smartio.dll that is called SIOSetSpeaker(Duration,Tone).

I assumed that would give me a tone output for testing. If not, could you let me know what is performed here?

The serial port I was referring to is the General Purpose I/O ports that could be used to send serial data (or used as a serial bus).

Do you have any sample code using the ADSMARTIO in VB 2005 for CE5.0?

The references you gave me have sample code in C or in older versions of eVB. Is there any more current code?
Go to Top of Page

bsamuels

53 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2007 :  16:06:33  Show Profile  Email Poster
Joe, that particular function is not used in newer versions of the SmartIO software. This post explains further.

For using the SmartIO's I/O lines, this topic includes sample application links for C#, VB.net and C++.
Go to Top of Page

vcsdesigns

0 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2007 :  01:49:11  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks Brad.. This looks like just what I have been looking for. Don't know why my searches didn't find it...

Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000