AGX Serial Communications
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

mjbeckman

4 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2004 :  14:32:57  Show Profile  Email Poster
I am developing an application on the AGX board that reads data from COM4 and then echoes the data back out on the same port. This application performs as expected when using Windows CE 4.10.06. However, after updating the image to 4.20.06, I experience unacceptable delay and data loss. The following message is received from the debug port (COM3) on every write to COM4:

“CpldIntHandler :(SYSINTR_NOP,intflag=0x0,pcintflag=0x0”

I have experimented with various Active Sync connection settings (Serial, USB, Ethernet) with limited success. When ActiveSync is not running, I can occasionally get the application to run properly. However, all data that I send to COM4 is also echoed out to the debug port (my application does not make any debug output API calls), and the above message is not displayed. On CE 4.10.06, there is no output to the debug port, and all works as expected.

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  20:05:36  Show Profile  Email Poster
Thanks! We're investigating this issue, as it appears to be affecting serial throughput, as well. We were able to reproduce this on 4.10.06 on our systems. We'll let you know what we find.
Go to Top of Page

jsmith

1 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  10:05:13  Show Profile  Email Poster
Is there any update on this situation. I seem to be having the same problem with reading data from COM4.
Go to Top of Page

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2005 :  16:33:42  Show Profile  Email Poster
Have you updated your CE image? We made some changes last year to the UART driver. I think there may be another build coming soon that includes additional work on the serial driver.

Take a look at the AGX build history for details.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000