Greek [& Russian]
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

gokan

20 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  17:46:12  Show Profile  Email Poster
We need to support Greek in our application but the Bity X CE 4.2 build appears not to support it. How can I get Greek support?

akidder

1519 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  17:58:26  Show Profile  Email Poster
Microsoft doesn't offer native Greek support, but there are third party products that will get you there. Take a look at topic 1092 for details.

You can also localize your products at the application level by creating language-specific string lists in resource files that you store in DLLs.
Go to Top of Page

dbrisbois

27 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2004 :  09:47:29  Show Profile  Email Poster
I recently needed to port my BitsyX CE 4.1 application to Russian. I was unable to find 3rd party tools to resolve the issue. If you find 3rd party tools that work please let me know! Here are some of the issues I ran across:

CFileDialog is always English
CDateTimeControl is always English
MessageBox buttons are always English
The SIP does not support the Cyrillic (or Greek) character set.

The only solution I could find was to rewrite all of the above. The one bit of good fortunate I had is that the Cyrillic character set is included in the system font. I do not know if that is the case for Greek. If not, you will need to load a font that supports Greek. Unfortunately, title bars for dialogs seem to always use the system font so you will have to load your new font as the system font. I think that can be done through the registry but I am not sure what keys need to be changed.
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Eurotech Support Forums © Eurotech Inc. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000