Nothing comes out the debug port
I only see garbage characters on the debug port.
- Your PC terminal should be set for 38400 baud, 8 data bits, 1 stop bit, Parity: None, Handshaking: None
- Confirm that your terminal program is connected (HyperTerminal displays a connection timer in the lower left status bar)
- Verify your serial cable is working (disconnect the non-PC end; confirm that inserting a wire between pins 2 and 3 echoes characters typed at the terminal)
|I made changes to the settings but they didn't have any effect.|
- Make sure to press OK in all dialogs after changing settings.
- From the Call menu or toolbar, Disconnect then Connect. HyperTerminal only applies settings when you make a new connection.
|I see debug port output on my PC, but I can't type any commands at the debug menu.|
Hyperterminal may even successfully transmit files.
- Make sure PC terminal handshaking is set to "None".
- Turn off Scroll Lock. Num Lock can also cause trouble. (ref: Hilgraeve support forum)
- Make sure you have a good serial cable
- After making changes, try a cold boot of your PC (sometimes the PC's serial hardware doesn't get reinitialized fully by software)
|Debug port output is double spaced.||"Append line feeds to incoming line ends" in the HyperTerminal ASCII setup dialog may be checked.|
|When I type numbers at the debug port, I get an error message about an invalid character.||"Send line ends with line feeds" in the HyperTerminal ASCII setup dialog may be checked.|